Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

turning a corner

does anyone else feel like in the last few weeks youve turned a corner??? i mean with your lo's???

i just feel soooo happy (apart from when i think about leaving fin and going to work) even though still got some worries with fin i know were doing things about it and i know im a good mummy....

he is such a happy baby and his little face lights up when he's with me i know he loves me!!!

sleeping - he now goes to bed earlier, still wakes but its not bothering me as much now (that'll be a differnet story when working lol)
feeding - this week ive managed to get him to take 5 different flavour jars (although still stage 1 they are thicker than what he was eating and have chicken, potatoe etc in them)
development - he's really trying to move bless him, getting up on knees and rocking and side wiggling around a bit, and now going from tummy to sitting!

i know im prob jumping gun posting this especially as we havent yet had teeth cut thru but i am always writing such depressing negative posts i thought hang on i dont feel like that all the time so wanted to post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Kniw what u mean. I feel confident in my own decisionsimage lo's face light up at u giving u that special "my mummy" smile. Love it now Rhys puts his arms out to us now too.imageimageimage

• Options
    I feel the same now 2. Jack has been a very good baby from day one and so when he has bad days i really find it hard but now i feel so much more in control and not so "are we doing this right". Im dreading putting him in nursery in Sept but i no he will love it. We are much more confident than 7 month ago and i said the other night to oh we havent broke him so we are doing well ha hah xxximage
  • Options
    Urgh. Think we just went backwards a few steps...Cole will just not settle tonight at all and hubby is off driving him round to try and get him to sleep. Poor little mite - its baking hot upstairs and I'm struggling to cool the room down. its gone down from 26 to 25 in the last 2 hours! Got the fan on full blast and the windows wide open while hubby is out.

Other than that...yes things seem to be getting better and better. Cole is progressing so much and getting more clever and alert every day. I'm more confident in knowing what to do wtih him and knowing whats wrong with him..and he seems to be getting better from the other week, although he did sick up twice yesterday poor boy.

So glad Fin is doing well with the jars now
  • Options
    Get some Magicool and spray it around the room with the fan going. It takes the heat right out of the room like airconditioning. It is expensive but, worth every penny. Good luck!
    This topic has expressed the way I'm feeling but haven't dared put into words for fear of jinxing it! Maddy hasn't had a nightmare for over a week, the last 2 nights she has slept so much better and she even went back to sleep until 9am this morning after a little play! I come home from work and walk around the corner and, no matter how much I ache or feel tired, she smiles at me and I feel like a newborn lamb and just want to scoop her up and kiss and kiss and kiss her!!
  • Options
    arrrr so glad i posted this now and that others are feeling the same!!!

poor cole - to be fare it is baking hot and you said on another post he didnt have proper nap so when the get overtired they are a nightmare to get off, the other week it took an hour and half of fin screaming before he fell asleep all because his naps had buggard up in the day!

hope he's asleep now!!!

xxx
  • Options
    aah hope cole went to bed kia, poor thing. ryan's monitor has said 27 the last few nights even with fan on so he has just slept in a nappy.

charlotte thats a lovely post! i feel the same! ryan is rocking and leaning and kneeling etc... likes to walk around though rather than crawling. not keen on being on his front.

well done all the mums n babies! we r all fab!

xx