Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

graco contour travel cots & travel cots in general?

grr got to be a quick one as lo calling, but i just wanted opinions about travel cots.... anyone got a good one?
i've just seen graco countour in babies r us (a basic one none of this vibrating stuff) for ??10 off and apparently they fold up or down in 60 seconds, is this true, sounds good, don't want a load of hassle putting one up and down.

thanks

Replies

• Hi.. I can't remember what make ours is, but its a basic one and it is really easy to put up and down - not sure about 60seconds though!
  • Hi, we got ours from a friend 5 years ago as new and it's still in v good cond. They are quick to put up too! We only use it for hols or for friends los when they stay. In fact, Gracie had a sleepover on Sun nt, with a BOY in her room, and he's 14mth old too, naughty girl! lol Recommended by me and my 3!
  • Oh no..naughty Gracie! lol!

We have the mothercare happy safari one and its fine..it folds up quite small (important when camping) and it goes up and down really easily ...well once you've got the knack! Think me and my mum broke the display one in mothercare!

I thought the fancy graco one wasn't that nice and ... who needs a vibrating cot anyway! Mind you I can see how the ones with the newborn bassinette thingy would be handy but its not that bad having to lean all the way in to get out Cole.

The mattresses don't seem to be that great but we bought an extra mattress pad thingy from mothercare that folds down quite small.
  • We have the baby einstien one (bought by ohs parents) and its good, I liked it because it had a basinette and we got a mattress from ebay for it so its comfy. I dont really think you need to spend loads on one. Most of the ones I have seen are very easy to put up and down x