Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A little test with smarties

We are going around a friend's house this afternoon so Im baking (with Oakley - first time know I should have done it before but it takes x3 extra time and all the mess too - Bad Mummy:lolimage.

Well we had some smarties left over and decided to the 'deferred gratification test' on Oakley. He was sitting at the table and I put one smartie in front of him and told him I had to go and tidy up the kitchen but he wasn't to eat it and if he could be a good boy and not eat it I would give him a little pot with lots in.....and he did it! (didn't think he would!:lolimage I did it with DD but I think she was closer to 3 when she did it.

Just an idea if you want to give it a try!

Replies

• Will have to try that one but don't think Philip will resist chocolate lol! x
  • lol I don't think there is a hope in hell that Bren would pass that test! He is too much like his mummy lol!! Plus if Bren resisted it you could guarantee Jacob would grab it quick sharp!! x
  • Bryn doesn't like chocolate but i'm pretty sure he would pick it up and throw it on the floor rather than wait!

Well done Oakley x
  • Wow, I think Henry would have eaten it before I turned my back and then probably found the smarties and eaten all if them by the time I tidied up!

What a patient little boy you have! xx
  • dp

[Modified by: EmilyHenryandIsabelle on June 03, 2010 03:39 PM]

• Rhys would have probably eaten it or had it in his hand and stood peeping round at me with big puppy eyes till I told him he could have it as he usually does lol
  • wow Grace would def eat the smarties,have you seen the one they did on i think it was child of our time? they put a choc cake in front of the kids,said to them i'm going to leave the cake now you must not touch it,left the room i think some kids didn't touch it but one little girl couldn't help herself when her mam came back in she had cake all over her face her mam said you touched the cake didn't you? the little girl said i didn't her mam said you've got cake all over your face! little girl still denied it was very funny & very cute!