Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

night terrors??

hi ladies, i dont know if any of you remember me as i havent posted since the early days!!! my goodness where has the time gone?
Those who do remember i had a gorgeous boy called wilfy on dec 18th 07.
I am wondering if anyone has had the same experience...
My son woke up a couple of times in the night with what i can only describe as 'shaking all over', he was kind of awake but a bit vacant and was screaming. It only went on for about 5 mins but put the fear of god in me. He has been a bit poorly with teething over last few weeks but other than that fit and healthy. I was considering taking him to the doctors as my mind was thinking all sorts of awful things, however in the morning he was fine. My work mates have tried to reasure me that it is a night terror, and looking into it, it does sound like it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in their 22 month old?? It was very frightening to watch!!
thanks
anna x

Replies

• Hi, Bren hasn't had this yet but my cousin used to get them. I know my Aunt and Uncle were advised not to wake him and to just make sure he was safe until he came out of it. It may just have been a bad dream because he was feeling poorly with teething, but if it happens again I would check with your GP to see if there is any more up to date advice. xx
  • Hi.. Bryn hasn't had any either but they sound really frightening.... as Liz said if it happens again talk to the gp - or ask your hv as they might be able to help. xx