Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where does the day go?!!!

Hi All

For someone who has always been so organised, especially with my other 2 children, well this time I am all over the place!

I blame hubby as because he works from home most of the time, if we have had a bad night then he makes me stay in bed with Violet, so most of the time we dont get up until lunchtime! A really bad habit to get into!

We are also back having terrible problems with our water, so to bath Violet I have to boil bottled water which is a pain, so just end up topping and tailing and washing her hair, or I just sit her in the sink! I dont think this is helping with a bed time routine either!

Trouble is I hate putting her down - even now she is on my lap, when she could easily be asleep in her carrycot! I have turned into a very clingy mummy!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their baby's

C.xxx

Replies

• Options
    Not got my baby yet but thought i'd pop over and see how everyone was doing!

At least your other children are old enough to get themselves sorted out for school etc, take the rest while you can get it! Maybe after the christmas holidays would be better to start getting into a routine, after all it's been a while for you since you had a newborn and this is hubby's first isn't it?

Can't believe that they haven't sorted the water for you yet, that's been going on for months hasn't it? time for some stroppy letters, don't they realise that you have children and need safe drinking water.

Hope everything else is going ok for you

Obi
  • Options
    youre not supposed to be organised cally! youre allowed to be all over the place, i am! im even not stressing at oh for leaving dirty dishes in the sink and clothes on the floor...well now its bothering me lol

xxx
  • Options
    I'm actually slightly more organised than normal - but that says an awful lot about what I'm like normally!!! Hubby has been back at work so I've had to get up to deal with the other 2.... not sure what its going to be like over the next 2 weeks now hes home again for the hols!

Still not getting any sleep - lo (still no name! - thats one thing that is still disorganised!) was up 4 times during the night and one of those times was for an hour and a half! Not only that he managed to poo and wee all over his vest, sleepsuit and blanket at 3:30 this morning - just what I needed! Hey ho.. he gorgeous so I only have to look at him and and give him a cuddle and I don't care!

I've only been topping and tailing at the mo - I'm afraid I'm not very good at getting anyone into any sort of routine! ... Probably best you ignore the first statement I made lol

Hope all the new mums are enjoying their little ones