Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I scared him

Our gas boilers playing up at the min so had no hot water all day grrr, anyway needed to wash Rhys some how so instead of messin about heatin water in kettle I thought I'd just bung him in the shower. Put his bath toys in the bottom of shower n sat him down n he was so scarred. He was shaking and everything n that was before I'd even turned the shower on. I felt so mean but he was filthy from his rea n really needed cleaning so I had to carry on. He normally loves the bath. May have to try gettin in with him next time see if any better that way.

And then to top it all off I put him in his cot playing whilst I put all the bath stuff away, and the poor thing toppled sideways n banged his head on the bars, so he's got a big red mark on his head. Poor things had a traumatic night.:cry:

Replies

• Aw poor boy! We tried cole in the shower one day with hubby holding him and he wasn't keen either. Could you not have put the plug in and used the shower to fill the bath up?

Cole got a big bump on his head from his cot yesterday..think he rolled over when he was asleep and banged his head..didn't half yell!!

Hope Rhys is feeling better now
  • The shower's separate from the bath which is a pain so can't do that. Think in futur will have to use cold water n warm it up by adding some boiled water to it. Just makes it more awkward but shouldn't be for long hopefully.

He's flat out in bed now recovering lol. Nice peaceful night for me hopefully.
  • oh what a pain in the bum!
    hope you get the peaceful night!!