Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How to make puree.. by kia aged 32 and a bit

1 - wait till baby falls asleep and persuade husband its a good time to play with the new mixer
2 - persuade husband to do the hard work (peeling and cutting)
3 - laugh at husband as he curses the butternut squash for being a pain to cut and peel
4 - feel all organised at having 3 lots of stuff cooking at once
5 - get out mixer, bowl, add the sweet potato and start mixing.
6 - decide bowl is dumb idea as its too big and splatters everywhere (however if you want to give a white tshirt orange spots then this is a good method...)
7 - put mixer in bowl, reach over for kettle to pour boiling water over spoon ready to spoon out whats left of the nicely mixed puree into icecube trays
8 - knock over mixer with kettle, splattering bright orange puree all over floor and work surface
9 - get laughed at by husband as he picks up mixer
10 - knock over mixer again as the kettle goes back - making more mess
11 - clean up the floor
12 - debate changing top - decide against it as it;ll get drooled on. debate changing trousers due to huge orange smear, decide can't be arsed, debate bunging slippers in wash - decide to buy new (not white) ones instead
13 - get husband to put the puree in the icecube trays
14 - wash down work surface, tiles, cupboards, floor, oven, bottom of wall cupboards, hands, face, glasses...

Thought this might amuse you guys!!

Replies

• Lol! That sounded like me on my 1st attempt! You need sooo many bloody utensils! On the other hand, why didnt i think of getting hubby to do it?!?!

Tell your hubby 10/10 for effort. ?/10 for results!!!

• well done have a star mr. and mrs. kia!! wow sounds like u had fun
    thanks for the giggle
    xxxxx
  • Glad to amuse you guys image

To be fair to hubby - he did wash up today - we pureed half the stuff yesterday and half today!

The icecube trays ful of green and orange mush in the fridge cooling down confused my friend when he saw them!! That'll teach him for raiding my fridge!
  • It wasnt a friend to do with your hobby was it?!?!

• lol

My friend does have the same hobby yes, or at least partly the same hobby but they were only round for a social visit
  • is he a mime too? am i close?
  • nope..not a mime, although mime could be vaguely related
  • ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL US!!!
  • tomorrow after cole is in bed...unless someone guesses before - it will probably take a bit of typing up to explain so i dont sound totally mental
  • Even if you do sound mental it will give us all a good giggle - and we promise we will still talk to you!! =)
  • He he to the puree method!
    And I'm waiting with bated breath for the hobby unveiling....as I can't even attempt to think what it is! I told hubby someone on here has a strange hobby and nothing about the clues...he came up with 'does she roll marbles down the street?' WTF??!!
  • Hahahaha,would be great if it turned out that was right!! Not sure why you would wear face paint and sometimes dress in drag for that though! x