Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

FAO - hollysmummy!

That yummy sounding fish pie recipe you kindly typed the other day - I didn't write it down any where - any chance I can have it again??? SORRY!

Replies

• AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

Course you can have it hun, Ive just written it out for you and the stupid system couldnt post it hence the ARGHHHH!!!!!
    2nd time lucky

Make some mashed tattie (enough to cover an oven proof dish, I sometimes add dairylee to the mash) Boil and egg and chop it up, fry off some small chunks of bacon and cut up some tomatos, leave to the side for now.
    Poach some white fish in milk with a little knob of butter untill the fish is cooked (I use haddock but you can use anything). Drain keeping the cooking milk, flake the fish and add to the bacon, toms and egg.
    Using the cooking milk make a white sauce (I personally just add cornflour rather than make a rue ect) then add the fish bacon ect.
    Cover the bottom of the dish with mashes tattie and then cover with the fish sauce, cook in the oven for 20 mins on about gas mark 6. Then cover with grated cheese and grill until golden.

It does take ages to make but its really worth it and Holly just loves it. Let me know if you make it and how it goes xxx