Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lucky mummy

OMG I am soooooooo lucky!! My oh has just shown me where he is taking me for our anniversary. It looks amazing just hope I don't feel out of place and stick out like a sore thumb lol Ive got a lovely dress to wear when we go for our meal but really need to loose a few pounds so that it looks nice iykwim? Its not till October but I am sooo excited that I had to share it with someone xxx

http://www.glenskirliehouse.com/RoomsatGlenskirlie.aspx

Replies

• Wow that looks amazing.... you are going to have such a fab time... and no way will you stick out like a sore thumb!! Thats really something to look forward too - you're right ... you are a 'lucky mummy'! image

xxx
  • OMG that looks amazing. My OH doesn't sort anything out and it really upsets me that he doesn't make the effort. He says it's because I'm so picky so there's no point he might as well just ask what I want to do, but that's not true. I tried saying 'I'm not sure' when he asks what I want to do, but then he just does nothing and says it's not his fault he was waiting for me to say something. He has only once organised a surprise - a lovely meal out in London on an old lightship for our anniversary.

I had said to him that when I finish breastfeeding I'd like him to take me away for the weekend, but I stopped a month ago and nothing. I know he'll say that we've got no money, but isn't it funny how men always find money for nights out with the boys / stag do's!?! - Sorry I've just made myself really angry! Rant over!

What a lucky girl you are. Make sure you show your apprication (lovely new underwear maybe) and it could become an annual thing.
  • Oh wow that looks amazing! I am so jealous lol!

My hubby is rubbish with anything like that, for our last anniversary my mum sent me roses knowing full well my hubby wouldn't!! He complains that it is too close to valentines day but then he doesn't do anything for valentines either! I think it was the first year ever this year that he even got me a card!

It is my 30th birthday next month and I know full well if I want a cake I will have to make it myself, and I will probably end up cooking dinner too!

We will all have to send our hubbies over to you Amy for your hubby to train them up!! :lol:
  • Agree with everyone else that looks fabulous!

And also that Amy's hubbie should open a hubbie training school!

I get nothing for valentines day (did the first year we went out and that was it) nothing for anniversary, got nothing for mother's day this year (a card would have done but nothing!). I do always get a birthday pressie but this year it was a Wii fit which I know full well he got cos he wanted it too! Useless!
  • oh my god thats amazing!

it's our 2nd wedding anniversary next weekend 2nd sept but we still havent decided what we are doing! hubby asked me what i wanted to do i was like i dont mind anything... but nothings been arranged as of yet - men!

mmm that reminds me if we are going out we needs a babysitter!

xx
  • We haven't really celebrated any of our anniversaries - even though our wedding anniversary is not only hubby's birthday its also valentines day!! Our first anniversary Ophelia was a baby and she wasn't very well; our second anniversary was 2 days after I'd had a m/c, so I didn't want to do anything (obviously) and then this year Bryn was tiny so we didn't go anywhere - do you think I should insist we do something next year?? Guess its down to me to organise it as its his birthday - I really didn't think that through when I agreed to marry him!! :roll:

• I am soo excited it will be the first time we have been away together and done anything like this image When I was pregnant he kept promising me a spa day but by 30 weeks I was so HUGE that it was the last thing I wanted so it got put on the back burner then with moving ect we didn't really get any time to do anything so a treat we are both loking forward to. I did have to nag him to book somewhere but bless him he picked it and what a great job he did image

I think all us mummys need a break and to be pampered a bit, I must admit I was lucky and Darren came really well trained (I think it was his time in the airforce)
  • Oh that looks awesome! You'll have a great time i'm sure!

Its our first anniversary on monday - we are going out for a meal. Not ready to have Cole stay over with anyone yet. That reminds me..must book table in restaurant!
  • You are a lucky mummy indeed! Can we have some training pointers please!!!!

Kia - can't believe it's your first anniversary soon, the past year has flown by! Congratulations in advance