Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clever Boy - so glad I waited

I've been under loads of pressure from all sides to start potty training Henry for months now but I just didn't think he was quite ready and now I'm so proud of him and so glad I waited! We've only been potty training for a week and he's had no accidents for 5 days now and asks to go to the toilet! He's pooing on the potty now without any trouble, I keep a potty in the car but I'm so proud of him - we went to see 'show me show me' at the weekend and he sat nicely and had a wee wee before we left, he still has a nappy on at night but can't believe how well he has done!

For those of you worried about starting, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! And it's so nice to have only one in nappies!!! No more 6 pooey nappies a day!! (on a bad day!!!) If I'd have started any earlier I bet I would have been doing it for weeks! This way I only had to stay in for one week!

How are all the other los potty trained getting on and when is it safe to stop night time nappies!?
xx

Replies

• Yeah, well done Henry! and you too! Philip has been slowly training for a few weeks but am doing it in earnest this week as i'm off work for half term. He's doing ok, I just need to remember to take him to the toilet before lunch & dinner as they are the only times he has accidents! Tonight he is in nightime pull ups as he refused to have his nappy on! He has had two totally dry nights now, although i get him up at about midnight to go to the toilet so that may be classed as cheating!
    Fingers crossed that he keeps it up x
  • We have a very big nappies at night so much so that I've had to halve his milk.

As for potty training a disaster! Tried pants on Sat and he was excited we had a baby and a potty and he put baby on the potty (said things like 'First you pull your pants down, then you sit on potty') Kept asking for potty every 3 mins but never did a wee. Did 5 wees on floor and after that sat on potty for an hour and a half resfusing to get off - think he wanted his sticker and 'party' for doing a wee. Kept asking him if he had gone said no. After one and a half hours though under protest got him off and there was wee (he just didn't know when he'd done it!)

So don't think we are ready. Will leave it til Easter. It's just that he is a very clever boy in every other area so it seems strange that he is not advanced here. I'm ashamed to admit it too but I am a 'pushy mother' :lol: and I also think that there are plenty of people out there that are just too lazy to potty train their LO so just leave it saying 'there not ready'

Well done to all those that are. And I'd be pleased to hear if there are some that still have not!!!
  • oh my god you guys are doing so well - i just dont think fin is there yet or perhaps its me... got so much going on already feel like cannot cope with anything else!

would like to start in june perhaps and try and plan a week at leats at home and that way mason will be bit older so (should) be bit easier!!!hehehe think im dreaming!

• Well done - I know that Bryn is nowhere near ready - When Tristan was little I watched everyone else with kids the same age train there kids and I waited until I thought he was ready and he did it day and night in 24 hours and never had an accident - I did the same with Fee and she was a pain in the arse! lol She wasn't dry day and night until she was about 3! Hoping Bryn is going to be more like Tristan!! Good luck to all those 'training'!! x

Hey I didn't know they censored our posts!! Obviously never written a certain word beginning with 'a' and ending in 'rse' before!! :lol:

[Modified by: Emalenna on February 15, 2010 04:42 PM]

• Haha Em, being edited! Lol.
    Very welkl done to Henry! And all the others doing well @ potty training. Im like alot of you and dont think Elijah is anywhere near ready so im planning to wait until the summer like star when it will hopefully be easier and he will be ready then xx