Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Books for toddlers

Zachariah is loving story time atm and so thought I'd mention 2 books that he is absolutely loving in case anyone interested

'that's not my lion' (usbourn book in elc and most superMarkets) they're all good but he seems to really enjoy the touchy feely of the lion more than the others

And

'shh! (don't tell mister wolf) by colin mcnaughton - it's a lift the flap book and I'd thought he'd be too young for it but although I do the flipping he is in stitches most times we read it , so cute image

Replies

• Awww, bless him! Brendan loves touchy feely books too. I am a bit cautious of him with lift the flap ones as he tends to try and grab the flap and rip it off! x
  • Mia loves her books too. she sits and reads to herself all the time! only giveaway is the books are usually upside down..bless her!!!! xx
  • Rhys loves books we have some monster ones that have a puppet on them and he loves them and giggles away when we read them
  • Oh yeah I've seen them becci they look great, only problem is Being a leftie I can't seem to get the hang of puppeteering and page turning! Grr who'd have thunked that'd be a problem, LOL only me tsk
  • Oakley was obsessed with books and we have upstairs books for bedtime and downstairs books he can get out himself - these are mostly in tatters now. WE have spent so many days reading one book 50 + times.

TOP TIP - charity shops are great for board books.

He's now got more into cars downstairs.

We read to him every night and his favourites are

We're going on a bear hunt
    &
    Each peach pear plum

When he has a sleep in the day we put him to bed sitting up he reads and then goes off to sleep, v cute!
  • Tghat's my favourite childrens book Each peach pear plum I loved it that much as a child I still no it off by heart now!!!
  • Bryn loves books - well he loves to eat them!! Ophelia 'reads' to him all the time - whether he likes it or not!!
  • Bryn loves books - well he loves to eat them!! Ophelia 'reads' to him all the time - whether he likes it or not!!
  • Ahh shame Crafty's not here she is book mad - even more than me!
    Noahs got the "thats not my bunny" book and its so sweet. sometimes i change the end and say thats not my bunny but then pull his own bedtime stinky bunny out and say "thats my bunny!" he thinks thats quite funny.
    The usborne noisy books are great too - you press different buttons for different noises through the book. we had the christmas one but have put it away for next christmas.
    Ophelia is really sweet! i bet Bryn loves his big sister reading to him!
  • Gracie loves 'reading' too! We've got quite a few That's not my...books along the way and she loves flap books, is very careful with pop-up books too.
    We've got loads of books since Charlie was ickle so all the faves are coming out again. Must make sure we get time to read them though. With Charlie we read every night...now bedtimes are more hectic, mainly cos we're desperate for some peace lol.
  • Bryn has just started taking more interest in them - Tristan was always looking at books and hes always reading - probably why he's so good at English and he writes some brilliant stories!
  • Well Julesy is right I LOVE books and could talk about them all day long!!!

Each peach pear plum
    We're going on a bear hunt
    the very hungry caterpillar
    the gruffalo
    dear zoo

god sooooooo many that max loves and joins in with - all his bed time books are proper stories now but he has all his that's not my and other board books all through the day and he is generally book obsessed! Even at nursery he sits and looks at book!

Remember you can always buy Usborne from me!!! www.booksfromus.co.uk image