Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

First Full Day At The Childminders :-)

Maddy has a new love in her life... Tracey the childminder!
She had her first full day with her today and was an Angel, apparently! She ate well, slept well and was as happy as Larry when I got there, chasing the poor cats! She went to Coombe Abbey for the day and had a lovely time! I'm so glad it's going so well as I was petrified! image

Replies

• Awww glad she had a good time. It must be such a relief to find someone ur baby's happy with and not having to worry bout them bein upset if u not there x
  • That's wonderful! You must feel so relieved!
    Charlotte's got her first trial at nursery this afternoon and I'm praying her key worker will be a really lovely, soft spoken person and Charlie will really get on with her.
  • Jacks on a 10-1 trial day now and 10-3 tommorow. i cried when i came home :cry:
    Glad it all went ok for you both. All our little ones are growing up bless them all xxxx
  • Awww, so glad she enjoyed it, you must be so relieved! x
  • So glad it went well. Sam does his trial days next week and I am dreading it!
  • It's going so well, we've nicknamed her Nanny McPhee! Lol.
    She has managed to get Maddy to sleep for 2 hours during the day and take an extra bottle of milk!
    Makes me feel pretty useless but, at least Maddy is in good hands and happy! Lol
  • Glad maddy is doing well with the CM. Bet you are relieved to have found someone you are happy with!

Good luck to all the other mums/babies having trials soon too
  • Sounds like you have been lucky finding a good CM!

I'm secretly quite glad that at the moment we can afford for me to not go back to work so don't have the torture of choosing someone to trust with LO, god that sounds really pretentious and like we're loaded! we're not it's just that due to stepkids being classed as disabled i was only working 1 1/2hrs a day before i had lo so the increase in child benefit and tax credit have made up the missing wages!

Good luck to all the other lo's off to meet CM's and nurseries soon
  • I love the Cm but, it's made me feel a bit of a crap Mum... How come I can't get Lo to sleep for 2 hours, drink more milk, drink from a sippy cup and go to sleep by herself but Tracey can after only 4 days??!!??