Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

food fuss

Hi girls
Elijah has never had a problem eating whatsoever, he has always eaten anything i gave him and really enjoyed it.
Recently though he seems to be totally uninterested in food. Yesterday all he ate was half a piece of toast all day. He wont take anything from a spoon, so ive being trying to give finger foods. This morning i tried porridge, toast, rice cake- wouldnt eat any. Now ive just put some wotsits on his tray and hes eating them!
I am not pushing him to eat and im trying to just leave him to it as i dont want to reinforce him not eating. I dont think hes losing weight, but obviously not getting very nutritious balance!! Have any of your lo's gone through this? x

Replies

• hiya
    i had this with ryan a few times, sometimes he just doesnt want finger foods so i offer something mushed or blended or someporridge or something. maybe its his gums bothering him and chewing is not a pleasant thing i spose with that pain. but u have tried that so erm i dunno what about youghurts and fruit pots?
    hope your both well xx
  • yea he will always eat yogurts! they are the only thing he will take off a spoon at the mo! But even then he will pull a a face until i actually shove a bit in his mouth and he realises what it is! havent tried fruit pots, i guess they would be a healthy thing to try next! Perhaps hes just being a scamp again..! lol
    How r u feeling today?? xxx
  • Jacks been the same recently. He will wolf down yoghurts or fruit but if i try feed him main meals he cries and pulls it out of his mouth then feeds himself it from his fingers!!! Last week he was having rice fish and veg and doing this so i just gave him the bowl which he tipped all over tray then shovelled in his mouth with hands!!! Nice mess for mummy to clean up after xxxx
  • aaw id try what hunibuni is doing let him get messy!
    im ok thanks, saw doc today she said i should try to get through the 'comedown' even though i shouldnt have just stopped but to go back if cant cope and need more. im fine its just the bloody weird head twinges and dizziness worse than ever.
    well ryan slept last night so am great today! didnt get up til 9 woohoo!
    how was the eating today?
    xx
  • hunibuni- ur brave! lol.

glad ur feeling a bit better- hope the physical symptoms disappear for you soon hun. Good that Ryan slept- thats great! Hope he did last nite too.
    Well Elijah ate a fruit puree yesterday and half a slice of toast so better than nothing. Wont eat breakfast this morning, but ive bought lots of snacks and puree's/jelly etc so hoping he will try later! Even bought a stage 1 jar of carrot and potato! if all else fails i may have to have a mess...xxx
  • Little scamp has been worse the last few days with his food. Im trying not to supplement his not eating with bottles tho, because he loves a bottle. Today hes only eaten a small bowl of custard and a fromage frais. Ive been trying everything- i dont know whats going on with him at the mo. Its frustrating trying to work out whats wrong all the time! I think maybe hes ill, then i think hes just being cheeky..i dont really know to be honest. But along with his difficulty in sleeping and now not eating, im thinking another docs trip may be useful...do you agree? x
  • well sounds like your talkiing bout fin!!! his sleepings gone a bit to pot he has been poorly but now i think he's playing on it a bit as he knows he'll get picked up! when he's fully better will have to be strict as im knackered! also the food thing - i try not to stress but it does bother me! he eats rubbish most of time, i get things from organix range cripst, rice cakes, biscuits and he'll much on them, sometimes grapes, raisens he'll always eat but doesnt chew just swallows them so they come out in happy whole so not really getting any goodness!
    breakie i try porrige sometimes eats other not toast may eat like a few mouthfuls, lunch i try snadwhiches or toast yogurts fruit pots custart pots etc... but hardley eats much! then tea will only eat macaroni cheese - tried adding veg to it but wont eat it try things we have but wont try or spits out!
    his diet is sooooo bad i do worry no wonder he's poorly with colds all the time!

any tips????

xx
  • lol- star, perhaps they are going through a rebellious stage a bit early then! its exactly the same with us at the mo. Regarding sleep- he is teething but then last nite he really played on it and wanted to watch bob the builder! Ive tried everything with food, just keeping going xx