Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

wish me luck

From this week I'm giving the potty training a serious go. (far too many nappie changes in 1 day with rhys and alfie for my liking lol) Rhys is currently running round in his t shirt and underpants. Not had any wee's so far but he keeps trying (think he likes pulling his underpants up and down lol.) Hope we get somewhere with it and I don't have too many accidents on the carpet lol.

Replies

• oooo good luck - i need to crack this but fin just doesn not seem interested and doesnt know when weeing - was thinking of just putting his thomas pants on and then he will wee and then realise what is happening?!!! what do you think???

im the same as you nappies nappies nappies......x
  • That's what I'm doing, just hoping that he'll start to realise. He's not really showing huge signs that he's ready, but I'll give him a few days and if getting nowhere will try again in a few weeks.

He kept sitting on the potty, but when he did wee he did it on the floor lol, but I had to go docs this afternoon so has been in nappies for the afternoon.
  • Must be the week for it! Gracie did her 1st wee on potty today at the cms. She's been pulling at her nappy all last week when wee'd but we were in caravan so didn't fancy it there! Trouble is, she's got the squits so not the best time...wee yes, watery poo, no!
    It is best to let them just wander in undies n top, no trousers, and they do learn quickly. Good luck Becci and Star, I remember the two in nappies days all too well!
  • It's not helped that with Alfie being on antibiotics everytime he's coughed he's needed a bum change and there's been lots of having to plonk him in the bath as it's everywhere. Hoping the changing a nappy every 10mins will stop now he's finished them lol.
  • oh yuck to the antibiotics!

How has it gone??
  • yesterday didn't go too well, but we've had 1 wee on the potty this morning will see how the afternoon goes
  • Well done for your wee Rhys! I just cant handle starting this yet x
  • Go for it! Practice makes perfect. You'll have a tough fews days but hopefully Rhys will get the idea and enjoy being prasied for being a big boy