Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fab recipe!

Hi,

I have to share this fantastic easy recipe with you that my mum gave me from a book called '101 simple suppers'.
I made it last night and it was so easy and very yummy, even Brendan ate it all up - including his veg!

Here is the recipe:

Chicken Rarebits
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
olive oil for greasing
140g cheddar, grated
1 rouded tbsp wholegrain mustard
3 tbsp milk (pref full fat)
150g cherry tomatoes on the vine
broccoli and new potatoes, to serve

1. Preheat over to 200 degrees C or Gas mark 6. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally so you have two thinner pieces that will cook quicker. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish and arrange the chicken in it in a single layer. Mix the cheese, mustard and milk, then pile on top of each piece of chicken.
2. Throw the tomotoes, still on the vine, all around the chicken, then cook for 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is golden and the tomatoes squashy.
3. Serve with broccoli and new potatoes.
Suggest to everyone they squash the tomotoes on their plates to blend into the cheesy sauce.

Other good bit is there are only 316 kcal per serving so it isn't too bad for all of us dieting!!

I used semi skimmed milk and only 100g of cheddar (as I couldn't be bothered to open a new packet lol!) and it still turned out delicious.

It looks really fancy on the plate too so a good one to do if you have visitors coming for dinner.

Yum yum! image

Replies