Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Silly me!

Just been shopping down town (sales all but the dregs!) and trundled into New Look for tops I can use as bf tops. Anyway, a nice pair of brown combats caught my eye so (bravely!) I picked up a size 12, tried them on and was well chuffed to find out they were TOO BIG! That is until I saw the tag...they were bleedin maternity pants!!! Had to chuckle...:lol:

Replies

• lol!
    I was chuffed to fit into a pair of size 14 trousers in BHS (sadly not in the sale!!) - they were a little snug over my bum and thighs but thats what I've got long cardi's for!!
  • Oh dont, I haven't even contemplated buying anything recently or in the sales for me! But was thrilled to find out that I can buy from house of fraser online and unfortunately for my hubby I have a house of fraser card...so got Violet some lovely clothes all half price, so was well chuffed! Even bought some really nice but stupidly cheap xmas decorations in the sale - I always used to go mad in their salesn previously, but couldn't be arsed to physically go out shopping! Also my 3 wheeler big pushchair is great for outdoors here in the country, but trying to manouvere it round shops it a nightmare, so I took advantage of the M&P sale and go the luna pushchair in bright pink for ??85...and then the parasol and changing bag were in the sale too...and I am a bit anal about matching things, so got those too!

I am hoping soon to get back into my size 12's that went straight on when I got home from hospital, but are now too tight as I ate far too much over xmas!
  • im just pleased to get into my early pregnancy jeans from mothercare!! did get some ace bargains from debenhams though, although now not bothered about losingtoo much weight quickly cos i wanna wear my new clothes! xxx
  • im just pleased to get into my early pregnancy jeans from mothercare!! did get some ace bargains from debenhams though, although now not bothered about losingtoo much weight quickly cos i wanna wear my new clothes! xxx
  • Well i just depressed myself when i went to the sales cos i thought i would get just one pair of jeans in the next size up cos i dont wanna get too comfy and not bother losing any weight. Anyway - i didnt even fit in next size up!!! I didnt feel too bad til then and i am so fed up of wearing my maternity ones but i am not getting clothes 2 sizes bigger - no way! I cant stop myself from buying my baby girl clothes though - its all too gorgeous!
  • Me neither! Bought her more pants today just to match some tops someone bought her, even tho she has loads! they were in the sale tho so well justified! After 5 years of buying boys stuff I'm well overdue this indulgence!
    As for me, I'm just the tramp in sick stained clothes!
  • Hey..another tramp in stick stained clothes here!!!

It's funny before marrying my hubby and moving up north and giving up work, I was a hard hitting business bitch from hell...always in black suits, very high heels, totally immaculate...now I am a fat frumpy mum first, business woman second...but seem to spend all my days in baggy sick stained tops, saggy arse early pregnancy jeans and timberlands...but I am more happy than I have ever been...and my other 2 children love the fact that I am at home all the time...just somehow feel that I have lost all my sex appeal - still I have lost 6lbs since Tuesday so I am over the moon, and my jeans are getting really loose. Am determined to look damn sexy and less hefty on my wedding anniversary on 8th Feb!

Then final goal will be to wear a gorgeous Karen Millen dress I bought in 2006 on 29th July which is our 2 year anniversary since meeting!

We will all get back to our old weights...eventually!!!