Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Full of stinking cold *update *AGAIN*

and feeling sorry for myself! Max gave it to me - how kind! My mum and dad are coming to stay for the weekend which I am REALLY looking forward to - not seen them for 3 months as they have been visiting my bro in Australia but it means I have to make the house look respectable this evening (at work tomorrow) ready for their arrival when all I want to do is slump on a sofa with my laptop!

I can hardly hear anything and my sinuses are all blocked to so pressure gallore!

To add to my feeling bad MAx decided to use his cot to practice crawling in at half 5 this morning and got really cross that he was getting no where and everytime I lay him back down he tried again. I very loudly pointed out to him if he couldn't be bothered to try crawling in the day then I was damned if he was going to when he should be asleep. He didn't go back to sleep till his morning nap so it has been a long day already!

Thanks for listening to the moan!

[Modified by: Craftycharli on 16 November 2008 18:46:05 ]

[Modified by: Craftycharli on 18 November 2008 14:45:42 ]

Replies

• You poor thing! Why do the little devils thaink the middle of the night is great time for playing?!!

I know how you feel, have got snottier and more bunged up as the day has gone on, put that together with the endless sleepless nights we are having at the moment (lo has had cough/cold/chest infection for 3 weeks), and it's no wonder I'm so grumpy!

Hubby has vanished down the pub to escape the germs (and the moaning)!

Hope you feel better soon. xxx
  • I'm with you too.... had this cold for what seems like forever and for the past 2 days I've been aching all over and my head feels like its about to explode! Its a pity that Ophelia and Bryn don't understand 'can you do that quietly please??'! (and neither did their half brother and sister who are alot older!!)

Hope you feel better soon xx
  • same here we're all full of it and rhys now has a chest infection too.
  • Poor Rhys - big hugs to him and all the mums and los who feel yukky x
  • Sorry you ladies are feeling poo too!

I now have an inner ear infection which is bloody agony and the nurse who looked at it thinks it is so swollen my eardrum is likely to burst (apparently common in children but not in adults) - It is just sooooooooo ouchy! I am v grumpy and sorry for myself! But I have the penicillin now so hopefully that will kick in!

Hope everyone feels better soon image
  • Oh dear, sounds bad. Hope you and all the other snotty, ear-achey, germ-ridden mummies get well soon. We had sickies and squities in our house last week (although me n Charlie managed to escape it) so had a bad last week too!
    Get well soon x
  • oh bless you that sounds very painful! i havent been on here in ages because i had the stinking cold too and now fin has it but my god ive never seen him this bad will not let e lay him down he screams and sobs and so last two nights he's been held by e pacing around at 2.30am wont even lay down in bed with me... ive got doc appointment for tomoz!!! when your lo's are poorly do they sleep??? or are they the same? today he must be tired but wont lay down so tried cuddling to sleep but nope then tried pushchair, i tell you im going to resort to driving around in circles to see if he'll sleep!!!

• Awww, hope you all feel better soon! Fingers crossed you are getting all the colds and bugs out of the way so you can all be happy and healthy for Christmas at least.

I'm still having bad days with 'morning sickness' and just generally feeling shattered, but I am 10+6 now so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will start to feel ok again! All self inflicted of course!! x
  • Well been back to the docs again today as can hear NOTHING through that ear now - v disconcerting and a lot of pain around my ear as well as in it now! I have a secondary bone infection in the skull around my ear now - woopie! IT HURTS - so am on another set of antibiotics - 7 tablets a day in total (I'll be rattling) and I have to check it at least twice a day to see if it is any redder or sorer cos it can develop into menigitis VERY easily (doc was very concerned about it) OH GREAT!

Gonna send MAx to nursery tomorrow (as it is paid anyway) but I am not going to work feeling like this I am gonna have a day at home chilling on the sofa under a duvet to try and fight this off!

Hope everyone else is feeling much better! image
  • OMG you poor thing! I'm not surprised you aren't going to work, I think you need more than just a day off hun!
    I hope your hubby is looking after you, take it easy, and I really hope the antibiotics do the trick asap for you xxx
  • oh bless you def day of work and more rest of week i reackon - i took 2 days off for a cold last week and still sent fin to childcare as was paid and just needed to sleep!!!

liz wont be long before you feel better i think i stopped being sick week 14 and it was heaven!!! just to make you feel better - if your sick with pregnancy it means your hormones have really kicked in which is good for baby!!!

xx
  • Oh no, that sounds really painful! You have a getting better day and relax. Don't dare do any jobs for work or home...or I'll come round and bop you one round the other ear!
    Get well soon! x