Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

general message... x

hey everyone,

just thought i'd write a message as i'm sat on sofa chillin for 5 mins whilst fin is outside with his daddy helping him cut the bush!

he finally had his MMR jab last monday and he didnt even cry - BUT a week on he wont eat and is generally wingy is this normal?

Also visited the doc today as his legs still turn in and thought i should check physio etc isnt an option... the doc was lovely and found the letter from consultant that they recived but i never saw is basically agreed with diagnosis and said that he has 1% of neededing surgery when older! that said she said it may never be perfect but she watched him walk and said he was very mild although it is obvious and yes the bones do turn in! physio wouldnt help as its his bones not muscle!

also confirmed he has exzma - he has 4 patches that are always sore on arms and he scatches etc so need to wash with non bio and stop using his lavander bath stuff!

apart from that he's doing well and doesnt stop - he speaks so much and can nearly fully understand us!

We are getting his toddler bed in few weeks as kiddicare have a cute toddler bed with matress, duvet and pillow and cover set for ??139 - hubby thinks we can sort something with a stairgate whoich hopefully will be secure enough... cant see how i can fit both cot and bed in but going to try then thought baby could have naps in cot in day and see how it goes!

i'm now 29 weeks today and still in denial... did anyone else feel like that 2nd time round??? suffering with bad acid heartburn nearly all day and night and not much helps!

I have bought my double pushchair, changing bag, dr brown bottles and a knitted colourful blanket along with few bits like dummies, bibs but thats it - feel a bit unorganised!

anyway let me know how your all doing!!!

xxx

Replies

• Hi, think it is pretty normal for them to be a bit out sorts after the MMR. Bren had his at about 15 months old and thankfully he was fine. Keep an eye on Fin and if you are worried take him to your GP to get checked out.

It sounds like Fin is doing so well with his talking, we are getting really frustrated with Brendan as he babbles away at us but hardly makes any sense lol! I know it is very common for children who are growing up with two languages to be a bit delayed with their speech so I'm not worried but I can't wait until he can say more! He definately understands us, I can give him something and tell him to take it to Daddy and he does, we ask him to put Jacobs dummy back in and he does, and generally he follows instructions (when he wants to!!). Words wise though all he is really saying is 'Juice*, 'shoes', 'bye bye', 'hi', he shakes his head for no and nods for yes, says 'num num' when he is eating something he likes, and if you say 'one two three GO!' he will join in from 'two'. I'm sure he will get there eventually, my midwife said that from what she has experienced he will most probably just start speaking whole sentences - we shall see!

I think I was in denial about having another baby until after he was born lol! So weird to think there will be four of you and not just the cosy three you are used to. It will be fantastic though, I love my boys to pieces and Jacob is such a good baby I have been so lucky. Fingers crossed the same happens with you, I think you will find you are a lot more relaxed this time which I am sure helps.
    Jacob is in a travel cot in our room now as his moses basket was starting to get a bit small for him. Eventually he will be going in with Brendan but he is still waking for a bottle a couple of times in the night. I'm having to put him down for his naps in his travel cot now too as Brendan is so noisy he can't sleep properly in the living room as he is so alert now. I was amazed what he could sleep through when he was first born.
    I also felt very unorganised but I think that is because there really isn't that much you need to buy this t ime around. Once the baby has arrived you will know whether you need to start buying pink stuff lol! We got a baby swing this time which has been fantastic and the tandem pushchair but that is about it. YOu have the basics so wait until they have arrived and see what people buy you so you can spend your money on the things they really need.

When do you start maternity leave? Have work been ok with you about it?

Enough waffle from me anyway! Take care hun xxx
  • I'm in denial too I'm 17 weeks now but in my head I'm only about 8 weeks lol. I bought my first few bits today making most of baby event in asda but that was just some babygrows, vests, hats and socks and a box of wipes which will no doubt end up getting used before baby here lol.
    That bed set sounds really good value we prob spent over ??50 just on the duvet, pillow and bedding set for Rhys's x
  • Lovely to hear about bren, i think it must be confussing for him with 2 languages BUT will be fab in the future and i think the main thing is he understands and he does speak just what and when he wants... like most men hehehe!

i think we may end up with travel cot in our room when out grows moses basket as dont see how the cot will fit and until they sleep through the majority of nights wouldnt dare risk disturbing older ones!!!

love your photos on fb - cant believe Jacob is a proper little boy and smiling etc... seems only yesterday you brought him home!

Start my maternity leave end of october at the mo. (well thats when i'm planning on leaving but do have some holiday to use up before my money drops) so about 6 weeks to go... to be fair not too bad at mo as work can be quite flexiable and if just need to do paperwork can work from home its more the long hour drive to work and then at end of day...also i keep doing silly things BABY BRAIN!

Work been fine, my line manager said she thought id have another soon anyway... and as long as i dont bugger off and not come back! my actuall manager is a twat |(sorry language) he is so sarcy at everything but i just ignore him...

Becci - cant believe your 17 weeks thats not that behind me... how exciting or scary which ever way your thinking at mo...ME I'M SCARED I THINK HEHEHE! i forgot about the asda thing - i need to bunk off work for an hour and get to my nearest asda pick up some bargins!

how you feeling? you'll be having your scan soon, are you finding out of boy or girl?

xxxx
  • It's going too fast so SCAREY ha ha. Got my scan 12th Oct, will prob end up finding out sex getting bullied into it by Jay lol. I'm not feeling too bad but still being sick. Thought it was stopping off as had a really good week last week, but kicked in again yesterday oh well lol