Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

birthday and xmas pressies.... very early i know x

hey everyone,

i'm planning early as baby due 30th November and Finlays bday 6th December so not going to feel like shopping few weeks before or after!!!

as we have lost the fab woolworths i went and looked in toys r us... whats people planning on getting?

today i brought fin the JCB workbench with all the bits - it says 3+ but think he'll be fine and it folds up small fab for us with no space ??20 in morrisons

was going to get him some fireman sam stuff and roary the racing car oh and he'll scream if he has no thomas... he's obsessed!
also saw a lovely rupet the bear treehouse which i thought may be nice!

any ideas???

xx

Replies

• Don't blame you! I had all presents wrapped done and delivered by end of november when I was pregnant. And I've been buying bits laready.

so far we've got for cole a big bucket of megablocks (half price elc), and some books, and a fun hopper thing (only cause outdoor toys were 3 for 2 when i was buying my godsons pressy) and ummm I'm sure there is something else.

We are getting him the set of 2 castles from ELC too, my friend is going to get him the happyland road set that folds up into a storage box, and some play food, parents/brother/cousin are going to get him a play kitchen, cousin will buy him some thomas stuff

The workbench sounds fab - might have to look in morrisons.

Have you tried tk maxx - they have some ok toys.

havent decided which will be christmas and which will be birthday yet though - and i'm hoping ot suggest to the inlaws that they buy him the happyland train set for one or the other... better tell hubby lol

xx
  • argh stupid computer

[Modified by: kia on September 14, 2009 08:34 PM]

• My Mum's got hm the little tykes car, and Jay's dad's getting him a drum set.
    Want to get an art easle for him and some painting stuff and lots of cars and a big road map rug as he is car/truck mad
  • My Mum's got hm the little tykes car, and Jay's dad's getting him a drum set.
    Want to get an art easle for him and some painting stuff and lots of cars and a big road map rug as he is car/truck mad
  • Im not going mad this year, Im planning on getting Holly a proper pram and baby as she is obsesed at the moment! And a v tech baby computer thing along with bits of cothes and books ect. She still has some toys from last year she has hardly looked at so Im deffo not doing that this year!
  • Im not going mad this year, Im planning on getting Holly a proper pram and baby as she is obsesed at the moment! And a v tech baby computer thing along with bits of cothes and books ect. She still has some toys from last year she has hardly looked at so Im deffo not doing that this year!
  • Think we are going to get Bren a ride on tractor or something big since most gifts he will get from family etc has to be postable. May get him a sledge too. For Jacob I am going to get him a walker as the one we had from Bren was a used one a friend gave me and it is falling apart a bit.

Other than that I will do them both a stocking and get them books, toy cars, bits of clothes and things.

Definately going to try and get things they will use/play with as they do get a crazy amount of stuff! I'm just glad we are staying in Norway this Christmas so we don't have to worry about getting Brens Christmas and birthday stuff back in our cases!! x
  • Already got a few little bits, jigsaws, ITNG toys. Not sure what to do this year as he has so many toys and clothes that he really doesn't need anymore! Was thinking of a workbench type thing as he is obssessed with tools and maybe a wooden train set other than that i haven't got a clue! We have done the Park saving thing this year so for once actually have money to spend but nothing to spend his on! Have asked family if they wouldn't mind giving him money which we then use to get things in the summer months like the Cozy Coupe car he has this summer.

My biggest problem are the older 2!
  • fab ideas!!!

i saw that road map that folds into box then can put all his cars into it but may ask for my mum or nan to get that and a few metal cars... i try and get him bigger nicer ones and all he wants is the ??1 ones... i'm happy with that!!!

fin got a wooden train set with the trains from ikea last year from a a friend think only about ??7 with all bits...it's in the kids section near cudderly toys!

liz bren will love a tractor... we got fin one for easter with the trailer that comes off and he obsesses over fitting them back together... also a metal kiddi wheelbarrow is good he collects the leaves in it!

i'm not going mad as have no room but def gotta get shopping!

• I got Gracie some pressies for Xmas/bday on the 21st July lol. Toys R Us had a deal on baby doll stuff so I got her a baby born or Baby Annabel interactive doll, changing bag, nappies, socks and an outfit all for ??25, should've been ??60!!! I've also just got new tesco catalogue and they've got good deals on stuff in there, some half price. I know it won't help the boys, but mamas n papas ??60 pram, travel cot etc kit is only ??30, half price!
    I'm also gonna get her a dress up outfit and some ITNG stuff. Oh and clothes. Charlie's gonna get a Nintendo DSi as he was desperate last year, so don't think I can hold off another year! As for Alfie....not a clue! He's 4 in 2 week and we're getting a 10ft trampoline and enclosure for him (big enough so all 3 can go in!)
    The best pressies the boys got when about 2, and still played with now are large truck/vehicles. They sit on them (even Charlie who's 129cm tall!) and ride round the house on them. Not meant to be ride ons of course, but lots of fun!
    I've also spied the 2 for ??15 deals in Argos. Ooh I'm such a bargain hunter!
  • well weve been thinking we wouldnt have the money to buy anything for either boys this year. Esp as they also have their bdays within a wk of each other. But hoping once i start work money will be better. Fingers crossed. So if we do have money i want to get elijah a cozy coupe car, an easel and paints, playdough and arty bits. Also books, esp the ones he can press with sounds, clothes. My bro has given him a complete thomas train set which we have put away and may well give him that for xmas. For the older boy, prob a bike, fishing rod and bits to go with it. A few ds games and clothes and books. But obviously if we have no money we will be screwed lol! And it will be stockings only x
  • well weve been thinking we wouldnt have the money to buy anything for either boys this year. Esp as they also have their bdays within a wk of each other. But hoping once i start work money will be better. Fingers crossed. So if we do have money i want to get elijah a cozy coupe car, an easel and paints, playdough and arty bits. Also books, esp the ones he can press with sounds, clothes. My bro has given him a complete thomas train set which we have put away and may well give him that for xmas. For the older boy, prob a bike, fishing rod and bits to go with it. A few ds games and clothes and books. But obviously if we have no money we will be screwed lol! And it will be stockings only x