Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sleep problems- help!!

Hi girls,
I need some advice. We moved house last week and although baby seems happy and settled in most respects, he has taken to waking up all night! He has also had a cold so im not sure if it is because of that or because it a new environment, or both. Ive tried putting him to bed later so that he doesnt wake up, but he just wakes every few hours crying and then wants to get up at 5 or 6am. We never had any sleeping problems b4 so its a big shock!! HELP! X

Replies

• Hi - please don't say this!! We are moving house on Friday!!!! And Henry still has a cold! He will also be on the top floor so one floor up from us too! I'm dreading him being unsettled and waking!

Have you tried having lo in with you for a bit? I'm thinking about trying that when we move as I'm worried about him being up another flight of stairs, even with monitors.

Hope he gets settled soon, have you got all the same furniture and pics in his room could it be that he's missing familiarity?

Good luck - hope he gets better soon. xx
  • Hi,

It could just be the cold, or could he be teething? Brendan has been waking up in the early hours and I am pretty sure it is because his two top teeth or starting to come through. He was sleeping through before that, I usually try and settle him with bonjela and if that doen't work I have been giving him dilute formula in a bottle and he is usually straight back to sleep. I'm hoping he will go back to sleeping through once his teeth are through - until the next ones start anyway! x
  • man, i just put in a long response and lost it!
    To cut a long story short- i have tried to make his room as much like his old one as possible. I could have him in with us, but he just messes about and thinks its playtime! lol.

I think he may be teething, although he has 7 teeth already (4 top, 3 bottom) and teething doesnt usually effect him at nite. I just dont know whats going on with him! I am gonna try my best to sort it tonite, will let u know how it goes!
    Thanx girls image xx

p.s. EmilyandHenry- im sure your move will be fine, fingers crossed!! x
  • oh bless you - well fin was always a nightmare sleeper but the we cracked it and he went bed at 7.30 and slept till 6ish - but recently when he's had cold and teething he'll wake all night and i end up with him in with me - but now he's bit settled again he still wakes about 5ish cryinga nd i have to go give dummy then he wakes for day between 6 and 6.20! although i get him in bed and give bottle then we dont get out of bed till i have to or he's winging!

• I'm kind of having the opposite of your problem, lol.

This afternoon we picked Erin up from school and got home about 3.30 then played for a while and i gave Paige a bottle and put her to bed for her usual 30 min nap before dinner and it's now 10.15pm and she hasn't woken up for dinner!!!!!

This isn't the first time it has happened either, at least once a week she will sleep through until about 9pm and wake only for a bottle and go straight back to sleep until about 6.30am, this has been happening for at least 3 weeks now.

Would you wake your baby for dinner or just let them sleep??????

Shell
  • Shell, if she's sleeping thru, let her sleep. I'd wake her tho if she starts waking in the night hungry!

Gracie's been sleeping thru with not a murmur for about two weeks now (would normally cry, have dummy put in, then wake about 6-7am) but she's got yet another ear infection and is coughing loads, so waking up. Has he got any signs of an infection? There's loads going round here and Gracie's got the lot by the look of it, poor thing.

We've moved a few times with los of varying ages and they've never been affected by it at all. Could be a mixture of things...hope he settles again soon.

• Shell-i would let bubba sleep too!!

Well girls for the last two nites, Lij has woken up once and ive given him watered down milk and then hes gone straight back to sleep and this morning he slept til 7! yay! So it looks as though we're getting there at long last. xxx
  • Paige slept for 15hrs straight!!!!!!!

I put her in for her nap at about 3.30pm and she woke at 6.30am.

She was really ready for her weet-bix though, lol.

Shell
  • lol, i bet she was image
  • lol, i bet she was image