Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't refuse

Been given the chance to go back to work full time in summer term to cover my mate's mat leave....and it's too good to refuse! Shame it's the warmer (supposedly!) of the 3 terms!
Just waiting on nursery to see if they can have Alf's full time, Gracie gonna go to mum n mil's for the Thurs and Fri's.

Replies

• well its extra money which means you can buy extra nice presents for the children so why not..... good luck, i'm sure it'll be a walk in the park after sahm with the little ones pt lol
  • Awww, I thought you were going to say Chez wanted another baby and you couldn't refuse lol! Shame!!
    I guess the extra money will be nice, hopefully the children will be nice to teach so it will go quickly and knowing the English summer it won't be much to miss anyway! xx
  • well i agree if you need the dosh and you've been offered it then i'd go for it! im sure you'll miss lo's but they adapt well and school hours arn't too bad!

xx
  • Lol Liz, never!
    It's actually easier being at work sometimes! he he!
    I did this when I was off part time with Alfie for a year....they offered me full time for summer term and I made a packet being paid supply money on the extra days. Hope they pay me like that again, as it's better by far than just upping my contract to full time!
  • thats what my mum does she left her full time teaching job and then did supply they gave her a mat leave contract then she did supply on other days and earnt well good dosh - now theyve made her permant but she can do other 2 days supply!!!

xxxxx
  • congrat's - what an ideal job! and then after working extra days you'll get the summer holidays off to be with your kids!!
    hope they pay you supply teaching again - sounds like you'll be in the money then!! maybe you should insist on it - if you hadn't agreed to it they'd only have to get someone else to do it and would have to pay them the supply rate!!
  • Ali - never say never!!!! Are you sure you don't want to try for a sister for Gracie lol!! Haha, I can just imgaine the look on your face right now!! xx
  • Yes Liz, the milder form is image ha ha!
    I never said never after having Alfs so I've been there and done that lol.

Julesy, that's a very good point about them having to pay someone else supply rate...I'll use that one!

[Modified by: alioli on January 18, 2009 04:52 PM]

• Sounds ideal Ali - the job not the thought of having another one!! x