Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

contraceptive implant...

Hiya everyone, How's all the lo's??. Just wondering if anyone has ever had that contraceptive implant??? I had mine for 4 months and had mine taken out yesterday due to heavy bleeding more a less all the time. Anyway, the sister gave me the pill to take and told me to start that day!!!. Well today I have never felt so run down ever before!!!. I feel sick, have a backache and can't stomach anything!!!!I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with theres??? xx

Replies

• I was on the mini pill when I fell pregnant and my mate had the imlant and she put on tons of weight so I didnt want to try that. In the end I opted for the mirena coil and its been great, I had about 3 days really bad pmt when it first went in and nothing since sometimes I get a bit of spotting but nothing much. Its uncomfy to get in but it doesnt hurt and lasts for 5 years and no need to remember to take pills at the same time every day ect. Maybe its worth thinking about if you don't get on with the pill xxx
  • Oh, thanks for the reminder to sort my contraception out.....! I've only been meaning to see the nurse for AGES! lol
    Anyone heard of the patch???
  • well i was on normal pill since 16 so for 8 years before coming off it to have lo! then at week 5 went docs and got pill again - had few spots that made me look like i was teenager and i was like im a mum now i shouldn't have spots so asked if there was one that would sort spots (i knew there was as friends have it) she put me on it for 6 months and now theyve moved me to another similar one!!
    anyway would never dear have an implant or coil thing... too scary! what if you want another do you just have it taken out and your back to normal???
    patch...no ooo let me know when you find out!

xxx
  • i heard of that, looks like a nicorette patch or something, dont know anything else about it though sorry, sounds like something worth investigating, like star i think some forms of protection sound way too scarey or me
  • grrr forgot to say sorry just one of those days

really hope you begin to feel better soon,
  • bless ya, I feel alot better today so im happier now.My arms a bit bruised now though. The implant is good if it works as you want it but I couldn't wait to have mine out!!!! Just need to remember to take my pill!!!!xx
  • I have the Merina Coil. Had to have either that or snip!!!!! As geting close to 40 not supposed to keep having the pill or injections! I did have the injections b4 and thought they were great, never tried the implants.