Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Cole's mural

Hubby started drawing Cole's mural last week!! Its looking good already - we have a tree on one side, hills in the foreground, a castle off to one side and a dragon in the sky. he's done some little details like a path to the castle, a road sign, some random flowers and stuff. It needs more work and my friend needs to come draw my angel ( I need to ask her!!) and we need my friend to help with the painting...but its started .. yay!

I think I might take some photos of the whole process...just to look back on!

All we need now is a toybox so we can make his cot up (toys are in the cot!!) and some curtains!! Oh and some kind of storage bag for the clothes he's grown out of!!!

Replies

• You'll have to put a pic on here once it's done - sounds lovely!
  • cant wait to see pics kia and the angel will be so lovely, i think it all sounds so sweet

good luck with it

xxx
  • Wow, that sounds lovely! What a talented oh you have. Can't wait to see pics, when are you planning on putting Cole in his own room?
    We're in a one bed flat until we move to Spain but if we had the room I would be thinking of putting Holly in her own room as she is such a noisey sleeper. I also think we disturb her sometimes.
  • I'll definately post pics image

Hubby had problems with the drawing... he's u sed to drawing small scale and this is way bigger than he's used to! It does look good though.

cole will be in his own room in May cause I need to give the moses basket back!! He might need to go in before cause he's filling up the basket! I'm nervous of putting him in his own room though, even with the baby monitor on - I'll have to shut his bedroom door when he's in there to keep the cat away. She doesn't go in his basket but I'm not sure she'd be able to resist all that nice space in a cot!
  • I'll definately post pics image

Hubby had problems with the drawing... he's u sed to drawing small scale and this is way bigger than he's used to! It does look good though.

cole will be in his own room in May cause I need to give the moses basket back!! He might need to go in before cause he's filling up the basket! I'm nervous of putting him in his own room though, even with the baby monitor on - I'll have to shut his bedroom door when he's in there to keep the cat away. She doesn't go in his basket but I'm not sure she'd be able to resist all that nice space in a cot!
  • It sounds wonderful - this is probably a bit late but if your hubby could get hold of an overhead projector (or something similar) then he could draw the pic small scale on a transfer sheet and project it on to the wall so he could follow the detail.... bit like tracing on a big scale.... although he sounds like hes doing a brill job already... I can't wait to see it ... its such a lovely idea.

Bryn wont be in his own room until we move in the summer - and then he will share a room with Ophelia. x
  • lol em, can tell you're a teacher! did u teach geography...?!
    xx
  • good idea on the projector but its too late!! I did suggest he drew on paper then we break it down into grids and copy but he didnt want to.

I asked my mate last night if she'd do the fairy angel pic and she said she'd be honoured image I doubt we'll tell many people about that bit of the mural. She's gonna do some sketches for us image
  • lol - once a teacher always a teacher - but no not geography - History x
  • I think thats a lovely idea Kia, esp for your reasons why.
    I was just wondering.. i cant remember coles birth date coz i think him and alfie were born on the same day?
  • Cole was 22 December.. I seem to remember that there were quite a lot of December babies born on 21 and 22 December but my memory has totally gone as to who they were!
  • Yep my memory has totally gone lol
    Alfie was on the 21st and yeah youre right, there was alot of the los born on those days.
    Like you, havent a clue!!!
  • I was forgetful before I got pregnant...there is no hope for me now! Half the time when I leave the house I get 2 steps down the road and I'm running back to check I locked the door!
  • The mural sounds fantastic, do you hire oh out?!! Would love to see the pics.
  • If you pay well then I'll hire him out image