Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

on a MUCH lighter note................bargain kitchens

i've been wanting to tell you all about this as i think it is a bloody fantastic find

TESCO do this foldaway plastic kitchen for ??25, it came with play food, cups, pltes, cooking utensils, cutlery, a rattle s&P, apron, mit, chef hat. Makes noises of sizzling and boiling depending on pot/pan and once you've read the instructions can be put up or down in 5mins. i originally got it for the travel toy to grandparents as about briefcase size and was going to get zachariah a nice big one at home, but tbh its working fine, he loves it and its not too much hassle to pull apart or put together so i'm sure it'll do for a while, it wont have the durability of an expensive one but honestly at ??25 and travel effective its fantastic.

http://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=fold+away+kitchen

they also had aquadraw mats for ??10, don't know how good they are compared to the ??40 ones but for that price difference i'm willing to give it a go for christmas

Replies

• We got a teletubbies aquadraw as it was ??12 and all the others were ??30+
    He's not going to notice who's on it it does the same thing ha ha and also got a little tykes slide from Asda yest for ??20 instead of the usual ??30.
  • God bless you - this made me laugh! I thought it was just my boys that were in to kitchens!!!
    I also bought a pink pushchair for noah that he loves. we got some very strange looks when we walked into town last week and he pushed it the whole way round with his bunny in it bless him!
  • Julesy the second we get to my mum & dad's Rhys makes a beeline for my sisters dolls and toy pram ha ha.
  • I always thought it was the wheels and it was a boys thing but just recently Noah has been carrying the baby doll around too!
  • fin loves pushchairs and dolls - hubby is traumatised!!!hehehehe xxx
  • Haven't tried zachariah with prams but am sure he'd love them as quite happy pushing things around the house. As for dolls he doesn't seem to care about cuddly toys or anything like that really.

Never really saw a problem with him liking a kitchen. Hubby used to be a chef so he accepted it as a 'man' toy, lol. but when my brother was little he'd wanted one and my mum refused thinking it was too feminine so compromised and got him a BBQ instead heehee!