Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The ass kicking thread week 7

Hey look at that...on time this week! Can you tell we put Cole to bed early!!

Last week was a bit lame.. I didn't excercise on Friday cause my parents came over early..my own dumb fault for answering the phone, and didn't today because hubby wouldn't let me cause I hurt my knee. Not done great on the snacking or walking far although I did walk a bit every day except today.. knee won't take it.

Next week I'll do what excercise and walking I can but it depends on the knee
Try and quit the afternoon snacking especially the late afternoon/early evening when hubby is late home. Morning & evening snacking is mostly non existant now which is good for me.

I guess I should try weighing myself at some point to see if I've actually managed to lose some weight although I doubt it!

Replies

• No excuses as from tom as school starts back. I'm working Mon aft and all day Friday so hope they're aren't cakes in the staffroom!
    I will try to eat more fruit n veg (especially as I'm making some for Gracie)
    Do dvd - at least the whole 10 min warm up b4 her ladyship cries!
    Walk when nice ish.
    Stick to no choccy (been good at that) apart from the odd treat.

Kia - get yourself weighed, you must've lost some!

Go girls! x
  • I'm rubish at this - I've been a bit under the weather so haven't been to the gym in a couple of weeks and you just mentioned snacking which to me just makes me think about what might be in the cupboard!! sounds like you are doing really well though - you're inspiring me to think about getting back to the gym this week!
    x
  • Ali - I don't think I have.. I swear my tummy is getting bigger!! I might have to go lactose free for a couple of weeks though cuase I think my lactose intolerance is playing up and making me bloat. Nice huh..the things we share image .. the plus side of that is that I will get some green & blacks orange spice chocolate cause thats dairy free.. and I can only eat a tiny bit at a time so I'll eat less.

I'm doing ok at buying less snacky stuff.. just been buying a bag of mini bars of choc instead of 3 packs of kit kats and some biscuits!
  • well done kia i cant avoid the big dairy milk bars!my snacking is atrocious, i dont just have one mini roll, i have 3, then have more later.

goals this week-
    gym every day, with at least 15 mins on treadmill
    no snacking
    drink more water
    no kipping on sofa with ryan after we have got up and dressed
    oh and get bloody assignments finished..nearly finished! woo! graduation on 15th july so got to look GREAT! not just good, bloody great!!
  • Holly you wouldn't be saying well done if you knew how many mini milky ways I'd eaten this afternoon!!

Loving the new pic of Ryan..so cute
  • well not put any weight on this week yet (being monday i guess that's pretty easy!) so that's good and i've been walking and eating healthily over the weekend. BUT.... asda only went and had a 5 snicker bar for ??1 deal and yes i do only have 4 now, but nuts are good for you right and i definitely feel happier too, heehee! oh dear.....
  • Not lost anything this week - but its been a pretty crap week all round so gona write it off.

Good luck everyone on achieving your goals x
  • Somebody kick my ass! Haven't had a too bad week, a few snacks but not loads and loads even though I could have happily eaten all day everyday this week, still haven't got back into the exercise thing after hurting my back and ekk - I have put on 4lbs - boo! (So I'm back to square one)

I really really want to slim down and tone up but it's a long term thing you don't see results from being good for one day but you do get results from eating yummy food - it tastes yummy right there right then!

I'm just finding it hard to get motivated at the moment esp as I just feel so so so tired all the time, it's so easy to use 'bad' food to give you an instant lift. Lo is waking at 1.30 for a feed and then at 5.00am but I'm not giving in just giving him his dummy - about 40 times, patting him but it takes on ave 45 mins to get him off so only get another quick kip and then it's time to get up. Just hoping that by being strong and not giving in it will pay off in the long term and I'll get more sleep.

El x
  • Oh El poor you. I know what you mean about being hard to get motivated..its so easy to reach for the chocolate! I've just been to the sunny seaside and had an icecream! And bought a chocolate orange...

I've got as far as getting the smoothie maker out.... thats a start - right. I'll make up a bunch of smoothie in a bit cause its a nice recipe for taking the edge off my sweet tooth while still being healthy.. just in case anyone is interested here's the recipe

lemonade i'm sure there is an amount..but i just stick some in - and I use diet to be extra good.
    frozen fruits of the forest or summer fruits - again I just chuck some in
    a couple of small meringues - the recipe said put 4 in but I found it too sweet

Mix up and yummy smoothie thats quite sweet tasting and healthier than chocolate.

I've got back into the morning excercise but haven't been walking cause my knee is still bothering me.
  • went gym, buggered about on gym ball with friend, laffed alot at her flying all over the place with it into people on bikes, came home.. great workout..

last night..sent mark to shop for animal bars.
    ate 4 pack. in one breath. yum.

today..had no appetite..felt sick and everything smells like it did when i was pg. bit worrying but im sure im fine! so just ate muesli. lost a pound. now fancy some meringues for some reason! yum!

xx
  • So yeah.. my afternoon chocolate munching is getting bad. Hubby agreed to hide my bag of mini twix bars and just leave me 2 in the fridge each day. Fine yesterday and I ate tehm both (bad I know) but today he forgot ... right when I needed chocolate cause my phone bill is all screwed up and I was trying to sort it out! Not good... and now my parents have come back from belgium with a box of belgian chocolates for us... and they are calling my name and saying 'eat me eat me'

Maybe I'm just doomed to be tubby
  • heehee, yep perhaps we should all just start investing in some flattering clothes for our new mummy figures and stuff the diet type thing! well, not lost anything as usual but the good new is i still have 3 snickers left and we're nearly into saturday, woohoo!
  • I think I need some of those magic knickers! I bought some for my wedding day...not convinced they did much good as I was 5 months pregnant and I didn't dare get the smaller size in case they squashed Cole!