Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

clothes sizes

Just wondering what size clothes the lo's are all wearing now. I think rhys is really small as all his 12-18month stuff on him is huge. The waist bands are on the tightest setting and they still fall down and I have to turn the legs up a few times still. Looking at ur pics on facebook rhys just seems really small. Even our neighbours little boy who's 3 months younger than rhys is outgrowing him lol. She bought some shoes round that had hardly been worn as he had outgrown them and they are rhys's size. When we got his feet measured he's a size 3 1/2 g but I'm sure all ur lo's feet were bigger than that ages ago ha ha. He just doesn't seem to grow lol.

Replies

• Still have to turn Philips 12-18mnth trousers up and have them fairly tight on the elastic to keep them up or belted if not adjstable. Long sleeve t-shirts are too long in the arm although starting to get tight round his chest and belly (!)

Feet wise he is in a 5 1/2 G/H however dad has size 12/13 and i take a 7/8 so big feet do run in the families!!

Think it still depends on where you shop as to how well they fit, Philip wore his Next Linen suit yesterday that i originally bought with the intention he would wear it for his christening (in November last year) and i still had to take it up by nearly an inch on the leg and half inch in the arms.
  • Elijah is in 12-18mth clothes. Most of his trousers fit fine, and i often have to fold the legs up indoors so he doesnt trip. But top wise, his tops are a bit of a stretch, hes really tall and they always go up his arms. I have a few 18-24mth bits but too big, hate the inbetween stage. x hes in size 5 shoes, but desperately needs measuring as i dont know his real size and hes walking now too, but cant afford proper shoes this mth x
  • Bren is still in 9-12month trousers and they are big on him around the waist! Top wise he is just about moving into 12-18 month old, and he is a size 5and a half in his shoes (big feet!!).
    It is something I am a bit concerned about to be honest but the hv said not to be worried as he was following the same line on the chart and was all in proportion .She said to think about it like adults - we are all different sizes so we shouldn't expect our children to all be identical.
    Brens 'little' cousin has just turned a year old and he is in bigger clothes than Brendan!!

Not sure what it is, he eats well and hubby and I are a pretty average size so I think he will probably have a growth spurt at some point. xx
  • He was wearing 6-9 month pants the other day and my mum said wow he's in pants that actually fit him lol. My cousins lo is 5 months older and completly the opposite. he will be 2 in July and wears age 3 clothes already so rhys really does look small in comparison.
    He never stops eating either liz and I'm 5'6 and Jays over 6' so neither of us are "small" so maybe he'll grow soon lol. Oh well at least he still seems like my little baby and less of a big boy ha ha.
  • Cole's just odd sizewise! He has big feet (5 1/2g) and a long body (18-24month vests) , 12-18 month tops fit him just fine and 12-18 month trousers are still a little long and a little big round the waist.

It definately depends where stuff is from too -as he has a coupel of 9-12month ladybird tops that still fit ok!
  • Gracie's big for a girl! She's in 18-24month stuff for everything Ive just bought as her 12-18 stuff was too short in body, sleeve and length of pants. Skirts, she still wears but looks a lil tart lol.
    Her feet are 4.5 i think (continental size 22).
    We were out for lunch yest in a family pub and a little lad the same height as G but much skinnier was climbing up a sort of dividing wall in the toddler play area. I thought, 'omg, look at that boy G's age doing that!' then he spoke to me...and was better at speaking than Alfs. He told me he was a big boy and three years old. Couldn't believe how tiny he was!
    I don't worry about their sizes etc as Helen's right, we're all different sizes and shapes as adults.
  • I think it definitely depends on the shop. Zachariah is 6g in feet but we're not exactly a petite family LOL as for clothes he's generally 12-18 in tops although a little large on him. 9-12 trousers or 12-18 rolled up. However in mothercare I bought him some gorgeous pjs 12-18 and they are still way too big for them, the sleeves had to be rolled in half!!!!!!!! We do tend to get away with staying in his clothes for about 2months over the age so will prob start getting him 18-24 at about 20mth ish. As long as Rhys is growing I really wouldn't worry we all grow at different rates, I'd reached my height by about 14 and was the tallest in class by 16 was pretty short haha
  • fin is in 18-24 months for tops now but have hardly brought any need to get shopping as he is always wearing smae thing... but trousers i was tad worried as 12-18 months still fit and are actually long in length (was just worried incase legs werent growing ok due to his problems with legs) now feel rest assured reading your posts!
    his feet are 5G but think he's going to need new ones soon!

xx
  • Oakley is 5.5 G feet and is fast out growing his clothes. In 18 - 24 months now. Hate to think what he weighs now! He doesn't eat any more than any of his peers - not much at all at the mo as he's teething! They are what they are I'm just hoping I see a little less of mine in the next few years if you see what I mean!
  • I agree it depends on the shop, which can be really annoying!