Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Dentist

Rhys had his first visit to the dentist today and was very good lol sat with his mouth wide open to let him have a feel of his gums. He was so cute he got a sticker and was so excited with it squealing and smiling at every1. He loved the attention ha ha.

However despite bein grumpy this week and me bein convinced for the 10th time there was def a tooth on it's way, the dentist said no signs of any yet. Is he ever gona get a tooth lol. Am gonna have a gummy toddler at this point lol x

Replies

• Well done rhys for being so well behaved. Don't worry there are others with no teeth yet too - Max for one. One baby we know from one of our baby groups didn't get any teeth till after she was 1 so there is loads of time yet - don't worry.
  • my sister was like that too
  • What a clever boy you have sitting nice for the dentist. I personally HATE the dentist and am dreading ever having to take Holly, think that might be a job for daddy lol

Did you make an appointment with the dentist or did they get in touch with you? xxx
  • Well done Rhys!

Brendan has just had his first tooth through and there is another following next to it. Just wish they would hurry up so he wouldn't be so grumpy!

When I last had an appointment in the UK the dentist made one for Brendan too (while I was still pregnant with him!). It's not until November though and we won't be over then so I will have to see if I can change it. Not sure if he is entitled to a Dentist appointment in the UK though even though he is a British citizen. Very confusing! Much easier for me to take him there though as I can understand them better!
  • Well last time I went he was about 6 wks old n he registered him then, so when I was sent my next app it was for him too.
  • I must admit Id never even thought about taking Holly to the dentist but it is now on my to do list!

Holly now has 3 teeth but the 4th one is causing more bother than the first 3 put together (top left) you can see it but the gum hasn't split properly and you can tell she is in pain the poor wee soul. Lis I hope Bren grows his new toothie peg soon for you xxx
  • Aw what a good boy Rhys!

I have a dentist appt next month so think I'll take Cole (and hubby so I don't have to carry him up 4 flights of stairs!) Dentist said I should start bringing him early to get used to it even though they won't do anything for a while yet. Just hope they'll register him - my dentist is an nhs dentist and i've been going there since i was 8! Don't want to send Cole elsewhere
  • Hi Kia, think they have to register babies. That is what mine said when I last saw him anyway as they are also full officially. x
  • Mines a private one changed from nhs bout 3 yrs ago (parents still pay ha ha) but he took rhys on as an nhs patient.