Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

bday and xmas pressies bought!!!

Well as baby due in couple of weeks got on and did my bday shopping fore fin and all his xmas shopping and a few other bits for family!

got fin:

Imaginext Firestation and fire engine (MAIN BDAY)
Imaginext Ambulance
Mega Blocks CARS Truck
JCB Workbench
Loads of books
Fireman sam dvd
Bob Builder dvd (both those were in morrisons for a ??1)
The new Thomas movie dvd
Couple of metal cars for stocking
3 X Take along thomas's for his collection
Peppa Pig Rocket
Set of all the roary racing cars
2 X Thomas posters for bedroom

These are being split between bday and xmas - and then my nan has got him the imaginext helicopter and few bits and mum bath toys and clock for bedroom for bday so he'll be a spoilt little one hehehe!

To be fair i bought most of this stuff over last few months cheap like from book club at work etc... then i did car boot and made ??90 and then changed all the chnage in house in a machine and got ??58 so that then paid for all his pressies!
also got him main pressies via boots and then they were 3 for 2 and also got lots of points on advantage card!

Other people are getting him shopping trolley/food, car play mat, and car garage!

by the time we have all these toys i dont know where everything will go and a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

Replies

• Well done you, so far I've got some
    stickle bricks (bargain at ??3 from Asda)
    Big tub of mega bloks
    roary annual
    Nemo DVD
    few other dvd's
    playdough
    slide (main b'day)

Also getting art easle and paints
    some cars
    books
    car playmat

He's also got a drum kit off Jay's dad
    Rocky the Robot off Jay's mum and a roary remote control car for his b'day

then off my parents he's got
    little tykes car
    guitar
    big JCB dumper truck
    kitchen
    and a few other bits

I'm also worrying about room as the toys are all big this year think we are going to have to invest in a shed to keep stuff in lol
  • OMG you are both sooo organised! This year for Hollys birthday we are all just getting her something small, probably some clothes and a toy or something and then in the summer we will get her a bike and my family will put together for outside toys for her. We are also decorating her room this week which is towards her bday.
    For xmas so far she has got a silvercross pram, mega blocks plasticine and a few other bits. My nanna is getting her a personalised chair, dolls accessories and a few other bits and now sure what my parents are getting her. We are hoping oh's parents get her a baby born image We aren't going mad this year, its been a pretty bad year for us and I for one can't wait for 2010 to start!
  • We haven't bought a thing yet!! ... Well done those you are more organised - there are some very lucky toddlers out there! x
  • i dont blame you hollys mummy - to be fair when you split the stuff bewteen bday and xmas its not that much just seems so much to get at once!

also family get them stuff and they are still so young so dont fully understand!

also the worst bit about xmas baby is that the toys sort of have to last a year if you get me... fin does get other stuff and books thomas toys etc but not a lot throughout the year as we never have any money BUT we did get him outside toy for easter we'll do same this year!

oooo becci - mega blocks thats what i need to get him he has a few but not enough to build anything much i'm sure i sawq a cheap bag of them in In Store!!! Must get them or suggest to a friend!!!

xxx
  • We are pretty much sorted I think but I keep seeing extra bits! Been to ikea today and bought his easel and a table and 2 little chairs for his main Christmas pressie.
  • I've almost got all of my 3s pressies - I try to spend the same give or take a pound or 2, and get them the same amount of pressies too (not that they count them, but I know!). How bloody hard is that??!! Planning is key lol.

Gracie has dolly stuff (new doll, change bag, nappies, clothes, socks, pram, highchair etc etc) for her bday, all of which I got cheaper in some sale or other...some bought back in July!!! Then I'll get her clothes, books, bits etc.

For Xmas, we've got her a bike with helmet n safety set. The boys use their bikes loads at home and away with the van so she'll get into it b4 summer. Also picking up the Waybuloo Lau Lau peeka toy today. Want the dressy upsy daisy doll and have got her some outfits. Oh and a personalised placemat! lol

I must say I'm impressed with all the offers on in the shops atm, and have rarely paid full price for anything! Bargains rule!!!

• Asda have some great bargains. My mum got Rhys's kitchen for ??15 and it looks ok (though does look a little gorlie being pink orange and green but he won't mind ha ha)
    Star they have a box of mega bloks for ??15 in asda or bag for ??10. We've gone for the box so we've got somewhere to keep them all as he got quite a few last year too but he loves them and likes to try build with them now (plus Daddy moans he can't build properly as not enough ha ha)

Places like In Store etc are great for bargain toys, we got some dvd's and annuals for 99p. I agree bargains are the best
  • thanks becci - i'll have a look as was popping george tomoz anyway...

• Max won't use his Megabloks any more (what a waste of money for us!) he is onto Duplo and loves it - anyone seen that cheap anywhere???
  • So far weve only got a few bits for elijah. Jeans & a top, some bath crayons, fimbles dvd and a toy story cup from disney shop. Going to get him a piano from elc (the red one) although he keeps saying he wants the pink one so not sure what to do about that! what do you think? Prob will be those things for bday and then cosy coupe as main xmas. Also have bens other boys bday a week b4 xmas! Madness x
  • We've got
    for Christmas
    a shaun sheep mp3 speaker as he's always nicking the iPod to sleep next to music lol, and cite pjs

santa's getting him a space rocket (half price asda lol) books, DVD, jigsaw, toy car, bob builder bath hat and a few extras

grandparents getting him a toy garage which I know he'll love

birthday: clothes , lots n lots of clothes, night time timmy, aqua draw plus pens and stamps

were not going too mad as he hads loads of toys, will get loads from all the relatives and we want to get him a play house so the money will be saved for summer fun instead image
  • Have managed to get a fair few bits for Philip so far, but looking round our cramped squashed room with uni books piled everywhere i think i may have to stop soon!

Got him a thomas bike, a tool bench, some bob the builder toys , a couple of jigsaws and other bits but i can't remember what! Not planning on getting much more, although think we'd like to get a table and chairs to replace his highchair as he much prefers to sit on a chair now, plus he can sit and colour there etc, Mazimum - what is the one from ikea like? remember seeing it in the summer but it's quite a trek to get there, does it have rounded corners or are they square?
    Oh, also got him some clothes! Have also asked family for money which we put in his savings account to get him outdoor toys in the summer or other treats in the summer months x