Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pop!

Well my lo has taken to eating rather well. This is what he had yesterday:

7.00 - Breastfeed
9.00 - Yogurt and fruit (powder mix thingy)
11.00 - 8oz bottle
3.30 - Breastfeed
5.30 - Banana mushed with a little milk
7.00 - 8oz bottle

And after each bottle and the banana he would have still had more if there was any!

Well when I put him in the bath after his last bottle feed his belly was huge and his belly button had popped out!!!

Well I'd like to say that after all that he had a lovely nights sleep and so did I but no! My lo is still not showing any signs of going through the night. He woke up at 1.00 and had a good bf and then again at 4.00 (but I didn't feed him til 6.00am even though he didn't fully go back to sleep just dozed a bit and keep wriggling and grunting)

They say babies self manage their food intake. Do you think this is true? He is 15 weeks and when he was lasted weighed 15lb9oz at 12 weeks. Am I going to end up with a huge baby / toddler that is going to eat me out of house and home?

El x

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like he's gonna enjoy his tucker! Ds1 was a huge baby but he doesn't eat me out of house n home if that helps!?
  • Options
    Hiya El, thats very similar to alfie. Im not going to worry about him being big later on in life as i will make sure his food intake is controlled which is really what we're doing now. Like ali says, sounds like he likes his food and its good that he enjoys it!

Just being nosey but i read in another thread that you lived in Herts. Where abouts? Im from st. albans. Dont worry, i wont hunt you down lol

• Options
    Suz - Im quite away away in a village near Hertford, boo! Just for a second I had images of chocy cake and coffee mornings! St Albans is lovely - great shops! Haven't been for years, went wedding dress shopping there a couple of years ago.

Well tonight mushed up half a banana with a little milk. He wolfed that down and cried if the spoon wasn't there ready to give him more. Cried when it was all gone so mixed up the rest with milk and baby rice, he polished that off and then a 7oz bottle! I've never heard of anything like it. (hoping it'd nothing to do with all the chocolate I ate in pregnancy lol)

El x
  • Options
    Oh what a shame- i sooo could do with chocy cakes and coffee mornings with someone else who has a lo the same age! Its hard talking to non baby friends as all i talk about is bogeys,puke, wee and pooh, which funnily enough they find quite boring lol
    Well... you never know... if you ever want a day trip and a good gossip...!

• Options
    Oh wow.. hungry boy!

Cole on the other hand was so knackered today (little bugger has stopped napping well in the daytime) and fell asleep before he'd even finished an oz of his bedtime bottle!
  • Options
    Crikey hes doing well - I haven't even put Bryn on solids yet but looking at him I have a feeling he'll like his food too!! (Bryn was 18lb 8.5oz yesterday - he'll be 19wks tomorrow) Do you think we're going to have a couple of rugby players?? Pity neither of them like sleep - although Bryn is getting better.... Hope you have a better night tonight x
  • Options
    Bless the babies! Gracie fell asleep at her teatime bottle and after half an hours snooze on me, wolfed her cold mush down and finished her bottle! Must've been the excitement of going on a swing for the first time! And going to the 2nd soft play area within 24 hours - tell you, my kids have greater social lives than me!
    Let's hope they all sleep well tonight! x