Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Blues

Has anyone else had the blues yet?

Mine actually feel like the blacks and have been since day 3. Sometimes I'm fine and I can be laughing one minute and sobbing uncontrolably the next. Just hate feeling so helpless.
OH has been fab and gives lots of cuddles.

How long will this last for?
xxxx

Replies

• Snap - I've been the same - although I haven't cried at all today.... Last time I had the blues for a day... this time I've cried on and off since Bryn was born... mainly when the tiredness gets to me and something silly will set it off..... (cired all the way to get Bryn registered because I still wasn't sure about his name)... you are definitely not alone.. Hopefully it won't last too long but if it goes on for very much longer I'd speak to your hv about it.

Thank god for ohs that can give you a cuddle!
    Take care. Em x
  • Well Amy is only 8 days old now and I haven't cried today either - although had to get OH to turn Eastenders off as I was on the verge then!
    I think a lot of it is due to tiredness and the fact that being a mummy is so overwhelming.
    Thanks for your kind words - it's just reassuring to know that I'm not alone!
    xxxx
  • i have been feeling the same, i feel i cant cope - Daisy Mai is 20 days old - and im only just starting to get to terms with everything. I cry nearly all the time too - and some times feel a failure. I had to give up bf on day 5 so Daisy is now on formula.

I dont know where the days go, i feel like i have no time to myself - and always doing something. Me and the oh are arguing loads - which also upsets me....... I get annoyed that i have no time for myself - when he is reading the paper or on the internet when he could be helping me - dont get me wrong he is helping out - but i wish he would do things to help us rather that just thinking of himself.

We could'nt decide on a name for over a week - and when we went to registar her the other day - we arguing there too....

Does this stage every pass??????
  • hi

in a strange way its comforting to know that other mums are feeling the same way, but at the same time i wouldn't want anyone to be feeling the way i do sometimes!! i find it hardest at tea time as i have a toddler as well as tommy who is nearly 6 weeks old. alfie who is nearly 2 just seems to go crazy about 5pm and i start to think why did i want to have another baby!?

i mean there is good times as well, like when i see tommy start trying to smile and when alfie insists on kissing his little brother every time he re-enters the room. i think once the hormones start to calm down it does get easier and once the baby starts sleeing longer at night, you do feel as though you have turned a corner.

me and the husband have argued loads since the baby was born, he just gets on my nerves so much even though i love him loads. it felt like he was just helping when he felt like it, rather than when help was really needed (though looking back i was over reacting) in the end i sat down in the middle of the night and wrote him a letter explaining how i felt and why i was reacting, like i was to stupid little things. it actually worked and hes still getting on my nerves but at least he understands how i feel now and realises just little things like holding the baby for me is a big help and when i say i dont want a cuddle from him, i really do, im just being proud xx
  • Hiya
    I know the feeling.
    It started for me when my mum went home - 3 hrs drive away (shes been staying with me for a month). Anything that reminded me of her i just broke down in tears! It sounds silly now but at the time i just couldnt stop.
    Im lucky because my hubby has been really understanding. Hes still off work and goes back on Monday which im dreading. I know that this will set me off.
    Its probably because its been soo hectic since Alfie was born that ive been ok til now. He was born on the 21st, my 10 yr old daughters birthday was on the 23rd, xmas day on 25th, loads of visitors and my mum to chat to. Now its gone all quiet and when my hubby goes back its going to be a struggle.
    Watch this space nxt wk - i'l be on here for a moan and a cry!
    Suz x
  • hi everyone,

i think christmas is hard enough but with these bloody hormones and broken sleep it does feel really hard sometimes. im lucky as ryan mostly has 4 hours at a time so i sleep when he does and in the day use the time to get stuff done.
    i no wot u mean about oh being annoying, i didnt want all the affection and cuddles he insisted on at first but now he's back at work i feel bad for being so cold and brushing him off. i dont feel like our relationship is the same, mainly cos we r both frustrated waiting for my cut to heal (i dont say stitches cos they came out!).
    i do love being a mum soo much but im so down about going back to uni on the 31st. ill have to be away from ryan from lunch til about 9pm when i get home and i wont be able to concentrate on my course at all.
    im lucky to have my family nearby as we moved into a house opposite my mums, conveniently! im sure ive read that these weeks are supposed to be tough, but when does it end? i dont no y i cry sometimes, sometimes i dont no if im upset or happy!
    xxx