Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

new update on me

Hey ladies
had all my tests at the hospital about 3 weeks ago. Had to have lots of bloods & fast for 15 hours :evil: (that was really hard as one of my symptoms is low blood sugar- lol :rollimage
Also had a chest x-ray & had to do 24hour urine sample thing. (Yuk)
They are now looking into a possible problem with my adrenal glands especially as ive been desperately been craving salt so it all links up to this problem. Is quite a big deal if it is that but im just relieved they are focussing in the right area & getting it all sorted so if it is that i can start having treatment.
If its not that im at a loss! lol
Also, i now have to wait til 1st june to see consultant & discuss results!! xxx

[Modified by: bluey on 14 April 2010 12:46:56 ]

Replies

• Really glad you are getting there and should hopefully find out what is wrong soon. The tests don't sound fun, and the waiting for results must feel like forever. Have they told you much about what they can do if it is a problem with your adrenal glands, or why it may have happened?

Fingers crossed you get some results soon and that it is something that can be treated as easily as possible xx
  • Im so glad they now seem to be looking in the right area and might finally have the answer as to whats wrong. Do you know what the treatment will be if thats whats wrong? Roll on the 1st of June for some answers! xxx
  • Glad you've had the tests but June seems like a stupid amount of time to wait, they prob have the results back from the lab in less than a week! NHS is so different everywhere you go. Drives me mad! Could you not push for an app sooner. Ring the PA say you'll be happy to take any cancelation etc
  • oh my god what a nightmare! sounds like you have been having a really tough time - and having to fast for 15 hours sounds like a nightmare!!!
    best of luck with getting your results, let us know how you get on xx
  • Thank you.
    El, think i might do that actually. The illness they are looking into can be serious so its a long time to wait if i have got it. Maybe they would call me sooner if results are bad though? not sure.

I think as far as i can tell, the treatment would be cortisol injections, and im not sure what else. Its the levels of that they were looking into xx
  • Fingers crossed they get back to you sooner rather than later! Im sure if its serious they will get you in asap xxx
  • Glad they seem to have finally found the problem but that's a rubbishy amount of time to wait to find out x