Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Jumping

Hello all - I have to compile a list of things Bryn can and can't do (age related) and I was wondering do all your 2 year old jump? :roll: I noticed a couple of months ago that one the little ones at school was jumping and he's a couple of months younger than Bryn. Anyway Bryn can't jump so should I add that to the list?

Thank you xx

Replies

• Fin can now jump! started a few months ago when doing a little dance... wasnt very good though! but now he jumps on sofa (naughty) and also off our step in garden... got a trampoline that someone brought him randomly when he was one that we have never got out so going to get it out at easter... dont think he will jump on it though prob just sit and make us bounce it!

i wouldnt worry too much but would add to list!

• Fin can now jump! started a few months ago when doing a little dance... wasnt very good though! but now he jumps on sofa (naughty) and also off our step in garden... got a trampoline that someone brought him randomly when he was one that we have never got out so going to get it out at easter... dont think he will jump on it though prob just sit and make us bounce it!

i wouldnt worry too much but would add to list!

• Max can't jump - he says he is jumping but just steps off whatever it is or does a kind of skip but only 1 foot of the floor at once.

Dunno what's the norm for learning to jump but suppose it wouldn't hurt to stick on the list!
  • Brendan jumps, on the floor, bed, sofa whatever really! If he is reluctant to go to the bathroom for his bath at night I tell him to hop there like a bunny and it always works lol!!
    Sounds like it may be something to add to the list but not to be overly worried by as it may just be he hasn't been interested in trying to jump yet. xx
  • rhys is just starting to but still more just bending knees ha ha.
  • Thanks - I couldn'r remember when Fee started to jump but after seeing little Oliver jump in muddy puddles (guess what programme he's been watching??) I wondered when most little ones start - Bryn does the bended knee thing especially when you don't want him too (like when he stands up on your lap!!)

Liz - the things we do to get our children to do what we want them to! lol

xx
  • Gracie jumps, all over. She's very agile for her age tho (turned over at 15 wk and crawled at 5.5 month for heavens sake!) and is my little adrenaline junkie!
    I dont think the boys jumped so soon, but add it any way.
  • Oakley is kind of jumping. Loves jumping or bouncing on bouncy things eg bed / trampoline. But as for jumping; on the spot he has just got a little lift off the floor. He can't jump into things eg hoop.

Oakley is quite advanced in a lot of ways but have put his late jumping down to his size - I've noticed all the lighter toddlers seem to do it a lot earlier.

I'd add to the list.
  • Jack jumps but falls on his bum and says hes tigger!!! Makes us both laugh so does it all the more xx
  • Elijah does not jump! When i ask him to he will step with one foot onto the other in a big kind of lift movement, lol xx
  • Maddy can jump but I wish she couldn't!! She gives me a ruddy heart attack with some of her jumping antics!! Lol