Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Diabetes

Hi ladies
I went to Docs on fri for a new patient check up as moved house. Anyway in my urine sample they found sugar and ketone which means i may have diabetes. i have to go for a glucose tolerence test next week. I had this test when pregnant and it was awful! Really worried now!

Replies

• Options
    Awwww sorry to hear that, hopefuly once you have had your glucose test they will be able to find out how bad it is. My dad was diagnosed as a diabetic about 9 months ago and it took him a while to get used to it but now it doesn't bother him n least.
    Keep us posted on how you get on xxx
  • Options
    Awwww sorry to hear that, hopefuly once you have had your glucose test they will be able to find out how bad it is. My dad was diagnosed as a diabetic about 9 months ago and it took him a while to get used to it but now it doesn't bother him n least.
    Keep us posted on how you get on xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that.... let us know how you get on. Big hugs x
  • Options
    Really sorry hun, it is good they have picked up on it though. Fingers crossed the test isn't too bad and you get good results. Keep us posted xxx
  • Options
    I had the test while pregnant too, I agree it was yucky, on the plus side at least you'll know one way or the other.

El x