Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Faith restored!

In the nhs that is. We've been to Rossendale hosp today to see the paed about Gracie's sicky bouts. We arrived 15 mins early and they weighed her etc straight away, meaning we saw the reg bang on time! He was very nice and` asked lots of questions, checked her out then came up with the next plot - she's now to have domperidone (hubby says sounds like dom perignon so we're calling it her champers!) b4 4 feeds a day as this helps take the milk into the stomach quicker. She'll stay on gaviscon too but with normal milk, not the faffy stuff - hooray!
Fingers crossed it works!

Replies

• Options
    good luck with the champers gracie, i hope it works better for your poor tum
    xxx
  • Options
    good luck with the champers Gracie lets hope it works for her tummy. When are you seeing them next for them to check out if it is working?
  • Options
    Really hope the champers (far easier to spell than the real name!) works for Gracie - isn't it great when things get done efficiently!? Good luck with it x
  • Options
    Cheers! We go back in 2-3 months for a review but can go sooner if we're concerned. Still have to go to gp to get the next prescription and for a 1st check to see how effective it is. At least she likes it! I only have to give her 1.5ml but that can seem like a bottle-full when they don't like it! It really is champers!
    Made a refreshing change to be seen b4 my appt time!
    Really want it to work as the invasive stomach probe sounds absolutely terrifying (they put in thru throat and leave for 24hrs!).
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are finally getting somewhere!! Hope it works soon!!
  • Options
    Hope that the champers is working and that her sickies are under control for both of you!
  • Options
    stomach probe??? omg poor lil gracie... fingers crossed for her that her tummy likes it xxx
  • Options
    Thats great news and fingers crossed this works for baby Gracie, how is she getting on with it? xxx
  • Options
    Bit hit n miss at the mo - works on some feeds, sicks on others. Review appt came thru yesterday for July, so hoping we'll be only going to tell them it works!
    How's Holly getting on with real chomp? They've said Gracie's reflux will prob get better when on solids so will mention it at the weaning visit in April. What weight was Holly when you started? Gracie's now almost 14lb.