Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

One thing after another updated again

2»

Replies

• Options
    I'm glad things are moving forward for you and your dr apologised I'm just so sorry you are having to go through all of this.
    Take care of yourself x
  • Options
    Wow that's a really long recovery time - what childcare have you managed to sort out? Hope you re feeling ok - how long is the actual stay in hospital? What date do you go in -is it the end of this month? We ll definately all be thinking of you. Lots of love and best wishes Jules x
  • Options
    Amy

that does sound like a long recovery image Glad that you have team of people ready to sort you out and that they will keep an eye on you v closely after.

I had booked a smear a while ago but it got cancelled after reading this Ive phoned and booked for Tuesday

El x
  • Options
    Amy, I've not seen this thread since it was updated some time ago and can't believe what's gone on! Do you have a date now for your op? Don't worry about how long you'll be under - you won't know any concept of time and if it's all keyhole you could be recovered quicker than what they say. Mine was keyhole for the gallbladder and I could lift Gracie (albeit, she was lighter) a week after and was back at work 4 week after the op, even though the docs said 6 week recovery I was fine. It's the internal healing which takes time so don't overdo it. It's quite deceptive having very little by way of wounds, but give yourself time to rest.
    All the best, love n hugs xxx
  • Options
    My mum is coming down for 2 weeks and then hubby has namaged to get 2 weeks off work and hopefuly after that I will be ok. The recovery will be so long because they are doing so many different things and like you say ali the internal healing can take a while.
    In treatment to take away the pre cancerous cells they will be taking away a little bit of my cervix which they say will bleed for about 6 weeks! That on top of the key hole to try and get the coil out and remove the cysyt on my ovary and repair any damage will probably slow my recovery down a bit. Ive already been told I'll be given a 2 week course of strong antibiotics to help fight any infection.
    Im going in on the 30th and should be in hospital one or 2 nights depending on how it all goes.
    I have another scan tomorrow to see how the cst on my ovary is going, then on Tuesday I have a meeting with the head gp at my surgery to explain the nurses actions to me and hopefuly an apology from her.

El good luck for Tuesday, I hope everything goes ok for you xxx
    Liz I hope everything is ok with you xxx
  • Options
    Oh did nt see this - hope it went ok for you today
    so pleased your mum and hubby are gonna be there for you as you ll get lots of tlc as well as the childcare been taken care off x
  • Options
    So sorry I haven't been on BE for ages so hadn't seen this ... Can't believe you have to go through so much. I'm glad the dr apologised - I hope the nurse does too. Hope you're feeling ok about it all and you are getting plenty of support. xx
  • Options
    Hi how did you get on with your scan ? Hope all is going as planned and still all set for surgery. How did you get on at gps? Thinking of you lots of love x
  • Options
    Well the good news is the cyst on my ovary has gone woo hoo but she said there was endometriosis or such like there but Im not sure I believe that as there was no signs of it on my last scan but if there is anything Im pretty sure the surgeon will sort it out. Im not going to get myself all worked up about it until I know there is something wrong.
    My GP was lovely and has apologised on behalf of the surgery and the nurse involved is getting further training as are the rest of the gps and nurses. She is very sorry all this has happened but assures me that "lessons have been learnt" so Im happy with that.
    Less than 2 weeks to go and Im starting to get all nervous and worrying about it (Im a huge worrier)
  • Options
    Ah honey i'm not surprised you are starting to get anxious you've had such a lot going on! It's only natural to get nervous but this is a planned operation not an emergency one so you'll be all prepped correctly and they'll know exactly whatvthey are expecting to do. Your mum and hubby will be around to give you lots of support.
    It's fantastic news that the cyst has gone - did they give any suggestions of what it actually was or how it just disappeared? Things are obviously getting better for you so this is a great omen after all the bad luck you've had!
    Take care, lots of love, Jules x