Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Zumba

Hi all

im going to my first Zumba class on Sat morning has anyone done it?

In really looking forward to an hour of dance/fitness bu also an hour of me time too!!!image

Replies

• What's that? I've never heard of it.
  • My mum goes ...she loves it. Well done you for taking some 'me' time image
  • Its a fitness class but its all like salsa moves and apparently its great fun and good excersise!
    I do Davina dvds and wii fit at mo but wanted to try something different and this starts Sat just round corner at local church hall xxx
  • well id went for my Zumba class and it was FAB!!!!
    Its lots os dancing and fun Sala kind of moves and although i sweated buckets i didnt feel like id done a massive workout down the gym but i felt like id had a good boogie and loads of fun!!!
    Recommend it all the way!!image
  • is the davina dvd any good? and which wii fit games would you recomend? I've been a bit boring with it and tend to do the basics - the jogging/step - don't really like the skiing/hula/heading the football ones. It would be great if you could recomend something that might motivate me to use it a bit more - I've put on loads of weight!
    Your class sounds great but I don't think we'll be likely to get a zumba class in this area during this century!
    jules x
  • My fave Davina oneis the HighEnergy 5 wich has aeobics,boxing,bums tums and legs on it i usually do one a couple of times a week or else i have the wi fit plus and you tell it your problem areas and how long a session you want and it makes a routine for you so you dont just do the ones you like most.
    If you google Zumba there is a class locator and there are loads all over the country so you may find one. I found mine on there!
  • I like the wii fit plus too, and I like the jogging you can do on the wii fit where you can have the tv on still!
    I have one of the Davina ones, can't rememeber what it is called (think it is power of 3?) but it is a really good work out. xx
  • oooh i want to do this! gonna look for a group after seeing it on teleshopping today!!
    my wiifit is too dusty to use ... woopsie!!! and dvds... cant be bothered! i do like the fitness channel on sky 282 i think it is, lots of fun routines on there. i have taken up running though to get ready for 10k race for life next year! yes i am mad! xx