Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on us :)

Still pregnant 'woooooo' past 24weeks so viable which is great but I've still not told everyone and still cautious!

Zachariah had a neurology appt and we're being referred on just to check out autism. He's very social, loving and sensitive to feelings but he's also minimal if any eye contact (hmmm may ignore that reason !) still not speaking, likes routine, distraught if something out of place, loves repetetiveness, a bit OCD I guess etc, so they felt they couldn't ignore it all jic. I'm not worried either way as long as he gets help he needs. They felt referring him on would strengthen his chances for getting statemented too which would be good as I'm very worried about him being shoved in a corner at school.
He's still a very clingy child and I just wish I could just hand the independence he so desperately needs over to him but hopefully it will come in time.

Hope everyone else and their Los are doing well x

Replies

• So so pleased about your pregnancy - such fantastic news.
    Sounds like they Are being really supportive for zachariah will really help him long term if they discover something as a result early on. Much love to you all ! xxx
  • So so pleased about your pregnancy - such fantastic news.
    Sounds like they Are being really supportive for zachariah will really help him long term if they discover something as a result early on. Much love to you all ! xxx
  • Great news on passing the 24week mark! I think it'll be lovely when you do tell people, as they won't have long to wait at all!
    As for Zachariah, it's best to get things moving sooner than later and if it's any consolation, Gracie is very clingy too. At least now we're both at home she does go to Chez too, but it's mainly mummy she wants!
    Take care and try to relax x
  • So so happy for you that your pregnancy is all going well image
    Great that Zachariah is getting looked out for and that they are going to give him whatever support he needs. I guess he will get there with the clingy bit. Elijah is very clingy to me lately but is independent in lots of ways too. Im sure he'll get better with being clingy.
    Lots of chilling for you i hope! xxx
  • Fantastic news! Roll on the next few weeks so you can soon be holding your lo in your arms safe and sound. I don't blame you at all for not telling people, I think I would be just the same, and I am sure people will totally understand.

Good you are getting Zachariah checked out, fingers crossed all is ok. xxxx
  • yey just keep cooking your lo and in a maytter of weeks it will be over and you will have your lo screaming house down hehehe! dont want to be doom and gloom but in weird way may make you feel better my friend had both her 2 sons at 24 weeks - first one was in hospital for couple months but now 3 and half and sooo boisterous no probs at all and the other is 4 months and been home a month and doing good no sign of any probs apart from wind!!!! BUT obviously we want that baby to stay put a while yet!!!!

with zachariah - i think it'll be good just to get some answers as you may then beable to help him with some things that you cant now!

• Thanks everyone, star my cousin was born at 26 and now a blooming big 20yr old so I know preemies can survive and do great but sadly that's not been the issue with my losses so not really my main concern, I'd still like to go to term though even though I'm desperate image .... I bought my first item though (gulp) a stupidly priced coverlet from mamas n papas, I'm keeping the tags on but didn't want to miss the sale and figured there's not much I'll need to buy so one key item would be nice- and I think a girl is more likely to do keepsakes so worth the extra pennies lol!
    Zachariah's just lovely, I just wish he would talk as I know it's frustrating for him and I'm just concerned about how long the 'delay' will be grrr! Never mind- at least I know I've done my best to get as much help as possible image
  • That really is fantastic news! I have my fingers firmly crossed that baby stays put for a while yet! How are you feeling about everything? XXx
  • Thank you- and I really hope everything is going well for you atm too x