Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weaning question??

Marcus is still just on booby juice but he has started to wake up earlier in the morning now for a feed after about 7 hours sleep. How often were other babies waking in the night before you started weaning? He is 20 weeks on Saturday and I had hoped to get to 5 months before I started but unsure if I should wait or not now. Any suggestions folks?

thanks Jillycat x

Replies

• Sounds like he might be ready! All my 3 were weaned b4 20weeks so he's done well getting along so far! With Gracie, she didn't wake during the night but as she has reflux we were recommended by gp, paed and hv to wean early at 17week so they are ok to wean earlier than 6mth or 5mth.
    She's now 24week and has 3 meals a day and still 5 bottles, 1 of which I'll drop soon as she's nearly 6mth (where did that time go?!). If he doesn't like baby rice, there are other good cereals out there to try which are tastier! Gracie's liked everything so far but been quite sick from banana.
    Good luck! More fun starts here on in!
  • i weaned ryan at 20 weeks cos he was having 3 night feeds and seemed unhappy after a feed. he is now on 3 small meals a day and loves it. he lets me know when he is hungry too. refuses bottles still though so im still bf even though have tried to stop so many times.
    i make him a bottle and offer it first then if he wont take it,which he wont, will put it in his porridge or rusk. for breaky. probably not nice in veggies lol