Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nappies

2»

Replies

• i must say i prefer the pampers wipes, cus tommy has had a bit of nappy rash but they dont bother the little rash at all. i've always bought the johnsons cus they can take my make up off really well, when i used to put it on! the simple wipes are really good at getting rid of a messy bum and smell really nice too, they are normally on offer in tesco.

we bath tommy about every 2 days depending on if hes been sick alot, he really enjoys it. bit he hates being top and tailed! we bath our toddler every night just to keep him in one place and the other night my oh put tommy in with alfie. well ive never seen 2 little boys so upset! we have realised that bathtime is a very personal thing for them both! xx
  • Philip is bathed 2 or 3 times a week and top & tailed every morning. I'm quite lucky that he's not a sicky baby, just the odd bit after a feed, usually just a trickle not a stream!!

Is anyone using stuff in the bath water yet? I tried last week but his skin went all blotchy and spotty so went back to plain water. Only thing i'm using at the moment is a bit of talc on his folds at the of his legs and his knees.
  • We used a tiny amount of baby oil to help with the dry skin they get in the first few weeks. We've also started using talc when we change his nappy as it seems to really help with the nappy rash, plus he hates having his nappy changed and thrashes his legs around so it is really hard to make sure he is properly dry after you have wiped him down, so the talc makes sure he is dry in all the nooks and crannies!! x
  • Ive used soft wash in Hollys bath from the start, even when i top and tail her either that or baby bath and she's been fine. I also give her a good talc after as it makes her skin soooo soft and I know she is properly dry. xxx
  • I am using pampers aswell. ASDA have an offer on at the moment, 2 boxes for 20 pounds so I bought some of them. They start at size 3 but Felicity is nearly in them. She has gained loads of weight, he is now 10pounds 9 oz.
  • Lily has just moved up to size 2! Much prefer Pampers but bought loads of Huggies too when preggers so got to use em up. Only just started using wipes this week - used cotton wool and water at first but have stopped now cos we are getting out and about more so wipes are much easier. I still dont bath Lily evry night either but have started doing it every other day cos she is chubbier