Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Blowing bubbles?

Hi... is anyone else's lo blowing bubbles? Bryn seems to do it constantly (when hes not feeding, being sick or dribbling)... I can't remember my other two having bubbles coming out of their mouths quite as much. He has to wear a bib all the time as his chin is constantly wet - I'm making sure I keep him as dry as possible so it doesn't get sore.

On a completely different topic (well at the other end of the baby!)- according to his weight Bryn is now out of Pampers newborn nappies as hes 15lb 10oz - he certainly doesn't look like a newborn baby anymore which I think is really sad... I know they have to grow up but does it have to be quite so quickly??!! (although I will be happy when he's sleeping better) It also makes carrying him in his car seat a pain - literally - My back is going to take a time to recover!!:roll:

Em x

Replies

• Hiya em,
    Holly blows bubbles all the time, I think its well cute lol Im putting the dribbling down to teething, still can't believe she is teething already! Ive started putting vaseline on Hollys chin and cheeks so she doesnt get sore skin and so far so good!

Holly is now 13lbs 9 and very heavy, Ive started leaving the car seat in the car and having her in her pram, don't think I could manage her in her car seat! What size nappys is Bryn in now? Im on the size 3's and Holly is in her 3-6 month clothes!!
    Amy xxx
  • No bubbles here, apart from bottom bubbles! Gracie does dribble lots tho.
    Need to get her weighed but can't take 2 year old with me to baby group (he's too old!) and can't go to clinic as we're at soft play area with my friend and her son instead!
    Got two packs of size 2 napsters left and 2 boxes of size 3s waiting (asda's 2 for ??20 too good to resist!). Have packed away her newborn and 0-3 stuff apart from the coats which are big. She's even outgrown her socks!
    Bryn and Holly are coming along nicely! No wonder you've got back ache and aren't lugging car seats around! Gracie's feet are now at the edge of hers - she's so long. And to think they're supposed to stay in them for 9 months.....!
    Our babies are growing up so quickly.......
    x
  • Cole blows bubbles off and on and he's been doing it for a couple of weeks. I've been using aqueous cream on his face (and everywhere else) cause he started out with horrible dry skin where he dribbles and now its everywhere image

Think he'll be in 3-6 month clothes before too long - some of the 0-3 stuff he has grown out of already - I think it'll be vests first as the reusable nappies only just fit under the vests now! He's been in size 3 nappies for a while now!

Hubby pointed out this morning that he's starting to fill the moses basket...guess we'd better sort some curtains for his room soon!!

I'll get him weighed again next monday - would have gone this monday but i have to go to a 'routine assesment' whatever thats all about and I'm buggered if i'm going 2 weeks in a row just to get him weighed. Think i'll try and measure him before then cause he's getting towards the line in the bookt hat he apparently shouldn't go over so I want some ammumition if his heigh is on the same percentile. I'm not having someone telling me to feed him less just cause of some dumb line on a book.. that happened in reverse to my mate - she was made to force feed her little girl cause she wasn't on the right line..and her girl is fine..she's 3 and just tiny!!

I can't believe you guys lug the car seats around!! The only lugging around I do is from the car to the trolley in Asda..the rest of the time he goes in the pram..it'd kill me to lug it more than across the car park!!!
  • i am not wasting more nappies he WILL use up the 80 odd size 2s he has! there is a mixture of pampers and huggies cos i justcant decide which is best lol

ryan makes brill bubbles altho ali the bottom bubbles sounds fun!! lol
    i remember when i was at college (i did early years course) they said that the bubbles is part of their communication development... so maybe we gonna have some chatty bubbas soon

amy thats a good idea ill have o get some vaseline tomo, i have to keep a bib on him now and when he has tummy time he just licks the mat or blanket and rubs his face in the lovely puddle of slobber...great fun!
    xx
  • Sorry katielou - I have a feeling I actually read that but my my memory is shocking at the moment!

I did the same thing with nappies bought a load of size 3 pampers and now apparently he's too big for them image ... I'm still going to use them though. Bryn has been in 3-6 month vests and sleepsuits for a while and I'm just starting to put him in 3-6 month tops but his 0-3 month trousers still seem to fit - typical boy, long body - short legs!

As for the car seat - hubby and I were talking tonight about how there is no way its going to last until hes 9 months.... Ophleia was out of hers by 6 months... his legs are just over the edge now.

As for the bubbles being part of communication - hes probably desperate to get a word in with his sister about - she even talks in her sleep!!

I bet I'm not the only one who goes out only to find that their shoudler looks well and truly slobbered on!!! xx
  • Lol..I did that too with the size 2 nappies! Fortunately we didn't have any exploding nappies!

Believe it or not..people sell packets of disposable nappies on ebay!!

And nope Emma ..you aren't the only one iwith slobbery shoulders... I went out today with drool on my bra and top!!
  • Lol..I did that too with the size 2 nappies! Fortunately we didn't have any exploding nappies!

Believe it or not..people sell packets of disposable nappies on ebay!!

And nope Emma ..you aren't the only one iwith slobbery shoulders... I went out today with drool on my bra and top!!
  • Weve got bubbles here too!! I think she mostly does it when shes hungry..i think shes saying 'look mum my tummy is full of air!'
  • Hi, my baby book says blowing bubbles is an indictaion of them learning to speak and it is down at the 5 to 6 month stage so your los aren't doing badly!
    Brendan has just starting dribbling a bit more from time to time and can suck his dummy back into his mouth if it falls out just to the side of his head lol!!
    We bought a mattress for the cot at the weekend as I don't think Brendan will be in his moses basket much longer either. I just put him down for a nap in his cot as I was sorting out his clothes and putting the newborn stuff into a bag for my friend who is expecting in June. They grow up for too fast don't they!
    I leave the car seat carrying to my hubby as much as possible although my arm muscles are definately much bigger than they used to be! xx
  • On closer examination, Gracie's drool is packed full of bubbles! In fact hubby said last night 'ah she's blowing bubbles' - which she was! Not huge ones, but lots of tiny ones. And she's still farting like a trouper!
    Aren't they funny when they suck their dummies back in?!
    My friend's have an elective c-sec next wed and she's having a girl so lots of Gracie's clothes are ready for her new playmate!
  • Been bubbling for a couple of weeks now, one of his photo's we have from pixifoto has a perfect mouth with bubbles !! He's also started to extend his vocabulary from ooh to lots of other things including a perfect NO the other day! I like to think that some of the sounds are him saying mummy but i know it's not!

As for clothes he's a bit behind most of you, still in 0-3 although some are getting a bit small round his belly but still too long in the leg, he's a "compact" baby as the Dr described him, a fair weight though, 2 wks ago he was 12lb 5oz, have promised oh i won't take him to be weighed till his next injections in another 2 wks (if i can last that long with my weight/length obsession!) In size 3 nappies but again a bit long in the body but size 2 was leaving him with horrible red marks so once they were used up we moved on a bit, is anyone using size 3 new born or have you moved onto the next type? I've still got 2 packs of newborn 3's to use up. Just bought 2 boxes from Morrisons, at ??9.99 a box it's a bargain!
  • I'm using the huggies size 3 ones that are meant to be '12 hours dry' ..12 hours my arse..not the way my boy wees!! They aren't the newborn ones - we got these cause they were on offer!! Box of 100 or so for ??10! bargain. I'll have pampers next cause they sent me ??2 off coupons..100 nappies for ??8= even better!
  • Amy hasn't progressed to bubbles yet, just lots of dribble and she is making some different sounds now, I love 'talking' to her while she's laying on her play mat, I'm sure she knows what I'm saying and natters back or am I just a nutty mummy!!

I must admit, I'm becoming obsessed with the whole weight gain thing, Amy was just 9lb 8oz at weigh in last Tues and she's now 9 weeks old. She's only just out of newborn clothes and a lot of her 0-3 are too big! She has got lots of baby chub though and hv told me that she is within the correct band for her age but just at the bottom of scale, so not to worry. But I still do...
  • Ah she'll be fine, just think we're all different heights/weights as kids and adults so babies are all different too! I'm hoping to get Gracie weighed this aft if i leave the soft play area soon enough! Doc's put her on Sma Staydown milk and wanted to know her weight from starting it today (not been weighed since 4.2.08).
    The boys think it's fab when Gracie talks to them! So do i, especially hearing new sounds.
  • Dont worry Rachel, Lily is 11 weeks 3 days and still fits in some newborn clothes cos she is a shorty! Sh'es getting chubbier and is a good weight but she has little legs like her daddy! It means we get loads of wear out of the clothes - good times, but cant justify as much baby clothes shopping - bad times!
  • lol Jane! I have been looking forward to Amy getting in to a new size so I can buy her more things but it's taking time - oh is glad though as I haven't made a sizeable dent in the bank balance.... yet!!

I shouldn't obsess about her weight as I'm just wishing the time away, it seems like months since she was a newborn as it is and I should just enjoy her still being a little dot!
  • I'm obsessing the other way - I wish Bryn looked smaller - everyone thinks hes older than he actually is... went into hubbys work yesterday and they couldn't believe that Bryn was only 11 weeks old! He was bought a load of really cute baby clothes but he looks odd if they look too 'young' if you see what I mean.... His size also means I can't carry him around for very long.
  • Know what you mean about the baby baby clothes. Gracie just looks a bit funny in baby pink now so all her new clothes are bright and colourful. She's 13lb 3 and very tall still. Her 3-6 vests fasten with no 'bag' around her nappy. She may last another few weeks b4 needing 6-9 mth ones! Same with sleepsuits - toes at edge but not curling...yet!
    Bet you have a cracking arm muscle Em!
  • lol Ali - I could give Hulk Hogan a run for his money these days!!