Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

allergic to eggs

Noah had an allergic reactions to eggs. I was off to work and my hubby said we've nothing for noah for tea so i said try him with eggs. Zach had a bit of a rash and swelling round his mouth when he had eggs as a baby and so i'd delayed noah having them.
Anyway my hubby phones me at work later to say his face ballooned and he'd had problems breathing and his upper body had come out in hives. At 1st my hubby hadn't realised because he thought he was choking on a bit of toast but soon realised he was having a reaction to eggs. he's pretty much eaten the whole lot before he started to have a reaction. I didn't even realise how bad it was i just thought he'd had a reaction like zach had. Dave took him to the dr and the dr said he was fine but obviously don't give him any more eggs. he also gave us some piriton. fortunatley noah had already been really sick and bought most of it back up himself which had stopped the reaction. he was still really lumpy and red when i got home. ( i only work 3 hours on friday afternoon) he must have been exhausted though because he actually slept really soundly the night through - both me and my husband got up to check on him in the night because we were worried he was so quiet!

Replies

• Oh bless - poor Noah. Glad it wasn't too bad. Gosh you forget you have to be careful introducing new foods.
    I tried Sam with Tomato soup with bread in it today as I had nothing else in. He loved it!!! Bet I'm a bad mum and its full of crap - but hey. He ate it!!!!
    Give our love to Noah. xxx
  • omg that must have been so scary for you and hubby!

I have been trying Brendan with pretty much anything these days just to encourage him to eat more and am definately not as cautious as I was when I first started weaning him. He still sucks things and spits them out though so not sure he would get too bad a reaction even if he was allergic! :roll:

Hope he is better now xx
  • Oh god how scary.... the piriton probably helped him to sleep as when Bryn had to have it he slept really soundly too. Does that mean you have to watch everything to see if its got eggs in it or is he ok with just a little bit? I only ask as I can have a really bad reaction if anything has got a lot of garlic in it, but if its only got a little bit of garlic powder in it just makes me feel a bit icky.

Hope he's ok now. See you on tuesday (and I'll make sure I don't give either of them anything with egg in - not that I was planning to anyway!!) xx
  • Oh my goodness - how much of a shock must that have been!!!! I hope you don't have to not give ANYTHING with egg in cos that would rule out cake and biscuits which would be rubbish for noah!!!! Hope he is all better and you are all ok too!
  • oh my god poor poppet!!! god id sh*t myself if that happened to fin! i'm awful i dont even think just give him anything, mainly cause he hardly eats!

he has had eggs and fine thank god!!!

he has things im sure id be slated for giving hi but hey ho! we had home cooked burgers yesterday and he ate that!!!hehehe