Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

success!

Well don't want to speak too soon but...but after 8 days think we have TT cracked. Oakley wasn't showing all the signs but thought he's a bright boy who picks things up and wanted to give it a go as he was rapidly growing out of all nappies. It has been one step forward two steps back but think we have cracked it.

We even had to go on a long car trip on Sun so put a nappy on him and in the car he said weewee mummy, told him not to worry he had a nappy on, but bless him he waited and did it on the potty 30 mins later.

We did have one 'bad' day where I thought any wees on potty must just be luck and he's not there yet [you can't take a child out that's only got a 60% success rate] but when he had created a massive puddle for the 2nd time and said 'don't worry mummy' I lost the plot a bit and said 'mummy doesn't like puddles she not happy I want you to do weewees in the potty'

So all I can say is no pain no gain....go for it, give it a week and I'm sure they'll get the idea. I'm sure the whole wait til they're 3 thing has be started by ther nappy companies.

Replies

• Glad it's going well for you.

I am obv a sucker for advertising then as I am not willing to force max through it when he is clearly NOT ready - he is in reusables anyway so maybe I am a sucker for hard work too :lol:

Hope it continues to go swimmingly!
  • Well done Oakley!! I'm going to start Brendan properly on the 23rd May as there is a bank holiday Monday over here after that weekend so he will have a clear 5 days being at home to try and get the hang of it before he is at nursery. Fingers crossed he is as clever as Oakley!

Maximum - I totally agree about not pushing them into it when they aren't ready. I would say though that potty training is a lot more daunting when you have two los as I am paranoid Jacob is going to be crawling around through puddles of wee (or worse!) if I'm not quick enough to clean it up! So it is worth bearing in mind, and if Max shows the right signs I would go for it before your 2nd lo arrives. xx
  • well done Oakley. We're having a week of seeing how it goes but if we get nowhere I'll try again in a few weeks x
  • Sounds like Oakley's doing great! Well done & keep it up! Good luck to all the other mummies & lo's trying too xxx
  • Fingers crossed he keeps going with it. I totally get where you're coming from Charlie you wouldn't want to force it if you're certain that LO is not ready.

Just wanted to make the point that Oakley had very few signs of being ready, but by just going for it and not giving up it just seemed to click when I was just thinking 'I've got this wrong, he's not ready'
  • Sorry people - just re read my post and it sounds very stroppy - wasn't meant to at all!!! I was having a bad evening of back pain!

Will bear crawling etc in mind Liz but I sincerely hope by the time this bump is crawlign cruising etc max will be toilet trained!!! :lol: This bump crawling cruising etc seems a very long way off but I am sure it will come around before I know it!
  • Well done. Im pretty sure zachariah is ready as he's showing all the signs and all no2s are in the loo Now, but I haven't taken the final step yet! Lol I will soon though as I know he can do it- well I think he will, the problem is we are out quite a bit and I dint want to confuse him with swapping between nappies n pants!