Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Busy busy

Jeez, what a week...again! Been so busy at school deckin the hall up (we go all out and would easily win prizes if there were such things!), doing the Christmas fair, playing at a PE meeting (easy money lol) and doing extra supply (paid for Xmas dinner he he) that now I've got a bloody sinus inf again!
Still, next week should be easier at school and sweeter as our new Sports Dev Manager starts (ahhhhh!) and it's been in the local press this week that we got OUTSTANDING in all areas at Ofsted!!!
Plus, brill news for me...our school won an award of ??700 for being the school which has done the most for PE and I feel goooood!
15 get ups till we break up for Xmas....and so busy. I'm so excited for Gracie's birthday and all the parties the kids and us are going to. Yee hah!
Hope you lot are as happy and excited as me, if not I'll bottle some up and send it asap! (minus the sinus inf pain lol)
:\)

Replies

• Options
    You have been busy! All sounds good except for the sinus infection - hope that clears up soon, not nice!

I am looking forward to Christmas this year, it will be the first one in two years that we have been in the UK with family so it will be really nice.
    Hubbies school aren't having a Christmas show this year which I think is pretty bad, it sounds like they just can't be bothered and I don't think I would be very impressed if I was a parent. I've told him I'm not going to the staff Christmas do this year either as last year we had to pay the equiv of ??30 for me (staff are free) and I really don't think it was worth it. Plus he is having such a hard time there at the moment that it probably isn't a good idea me going to a do with them all there as I may not be able to bite my tongue lol!!

On a happy note it is snowing lots here today and it looks like it will be all week, we put on A Muppets Christmas Carol to start getting us in the Christmas mood lol! x
  • Options
    Ali - Ooooo sinus pain - ouch - hope that clears up soon!
    Bet you'll be ready for a break - very busy - but obviously very productive! (well done again on ofsted - very impressed!) image

Liz - don't blame you for not going to the christmas do - and as for the school not doing a christmas show - thats just poor!! This will be the second christmas in a row you'll be pregnant - wow!!

Em xx

Ps Ali - if you could post down that feeling asap - we're all having a pretty poor time down here - thank you image xx

• Options
    ah snow!! we hardly ever get snow here! do you get it up with you emma? you must be near on dartmoor?
    wish i could start feeling christmassy but its st. nicks day next week and there are a couple os fairs and fetes on so will see if that does the trick! will probably put chrissie decorations up then too. am nearly sorted with chrissie presents but am beginning to think i should of waited - especially as many places will be giving stuff away soon!
    am not as organised for noahs birthday at all!
  • Options
    I haven't even started getting Christmas presents yet - how bad am I!! I am going to try and get some stuff ordered online and sent to my mums so it is there and ready to wrap when we get there on the 21st, but I know I will probably end up doing last minute shopping when we are in the UK!

We still haven't got anything for Bren for Christmas or his birthday and I am starting to feel a bit bad! I know it is silly to spend money on him when he is too young to realise and he is going to get spoilt rotten by his grandparents so will have lots to open, but still I can't help but think since it is his first Christmas and Birthday we should be getting him something.
    Everyone else seems to have got their los so many fab presents, am I just a total meanie?! x
  • Options
    Liz not a total meanie at all - we ended up getting Ophelia something because her godmum was appauled we weren't making a big fuss - so we felt we HAD to get her something - tbh she preferred the box it came in!! xx
  • Options
    I'm feeling all christmasy today rhys is at my parents so we can a good tidy steam cleaning carpets n sofa's n doing all finishing bits in flat not got round to doing like putting pics up etc, ready to do tree n decs next weekend. We not got much for rhys either
  • Options
    wow you have been busy bee!!! hope your feeling better though!

liz - i wouldnt feel bad about pressies everyone is different and i know i shouldnt have gone overboard on pressies but actually when i get the out i haven't got too much as spliting them between bday and xmas! also he still has all his baby toys and few older ones so in desperate need for older toys so thought id let him wait and have them for bday!

starting to feel xmassie.. will do more when got xmas tree up! got fins bday on sat then the following weekend xmas stuff going up! xciting!

oooo i need to steam clean carpet its filthy want to do it thursday morning as have it off work and fin at childminders! reckon going to hire it! xx