Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where do you shop for LO clothes

The reason I ask is that I have hardly bought Oakley ANYTHING! When he was first born he was in mainly babygrows and people gave gifts - clothes and outfits. And then I was given bags and bags of clothes by a woman with a boy 8 months older than LO with such good quality stuff, mainly next and some brand new. I'd say this year I have bought 5 things! Really that's it. I don't know if she'll pass any more on as they do get more wear out of the clothes as they grow, get holes in the knees etc.

So where is the best place to shop. He has been wearing shorts for months and has def grown out of all his trousers from the spring I think we are all right for tops for the minute, so where should I go?

Replies

• Hi, I'm the same in that very luckily a friend I have out here has a little boy 12 months older than Bren so she just passes everything to me. Plus another friend has a 4 year old little boy and she is passing stuff on to me so I have so many boxes of clothes it is unreal lol!
    But when we come back to the UK I usually get bits and pieces to fill in any gaps as stuff is so much cheaper in the UK and when I do I usually shop in Tesco or Asda to be honest! There stuff is so cheap and always seems pretty good quality. When we were last back I needed something smarter for the boys for the reception after my Dads funeral so we went to Next. Over here if I really need to get them something I go to H&M, not sure what that is like in the UK though. For winter stuff I recommend TK Maxx too as you can get such bargains from there!
    Happy shopping! =) x
  • Mostly asda for me as the sainsburys and tescos near don't do a kids clothes range. I find their stuff wears and washes pretty well and is cheap enough that if it gets wrecked its no big deal.

I also buy boots stuff when its on offer (otherwise its too expensive for the amount of wear cole will get out of it) and I find boots stuff washes and wears well too,

I have had some hand me downs of stuff from next/tesco/sainsburys and they seem to wear pretty well too.

Have got a couple of primark things too which seem ok. We've just got a tk maxxnearby but they have one rail of boys clothes and a rubbish selection!!
  • I swear by mothercare sales - we already have most stuff for Max for the next year from the summer sale they ahve just had! I also get bits in the Next sale and otherwise I stock up on basics from the supermarkets already mentioned!
  • Oh yeah...sales from everywhere image Adams, mothercare if we happen to go (dont have one that near), next (if i can be bothered to fight through the hoardes!) ... I'm just stingy lol
  • Most of rhys's are asda or tesco spent about ??30 on clothes for him the other day and got about 5 tshirts, 2 sweatshirts, vests, socks and 2 pairs of pants thought i got quite a lot for my money.
    Lik Next for outfits for going out somewhere, but we're lucky too in that my nephew is 5 months older so we've been passed down a lot of stuff too
  • Thanks ladies was thinking along the Tescos / Asdas line. Might have a look in Mothercare if they still have a sale on. I know some people spent a fortune and their LO is in desginer / posh looking clothes and its very important to them, but it's really not a priority here!

Saying that if Oakley was a girl I might think differently! Don't mind spending a bit more on coat / jumper as they get so much wear out of that. I have just bought Oakley a blue stripy jumper from John Lewis but it was only ??6 in the sale and he has already worn it a few times.
  • I've not bought much for noah either due to hand-me-downs from zach and friends and mil gets a fair bit. but i get from peacocks as that is the only shop in town. if i go plymouth or wherever or online i look next and marks and spencers. marks and spencers sometimes do sets. i bought zach a set of 2 pairs of chino trousers and they are lovely. he's had them nearly 2 years and although they are getting a bit short in the leg now (i had to do turn ups when he first had them) but they are still going. smart, comfy and cheap.
    i got zach a coat there last week 2 - storm proof for ??16.
    i find it really hard to find nice boys stuff, especially without breaking the bank.
  • Can't beat asda and tesco I'm afraid lol! I'm just not prepared to spen a fortune on things that have a life expectancy of 3 months and as it's all good quality I'm not fussed. Tried primark and trousers are good but tshirts are pretty poor quality. We also get the odd extra from gap but usually from a retail outlet or in the sale (but occassionally we've got more money than sense lol) have to say I'm not impressed with mothercare at all, overpriced and usually too big
  • we dont spend a lot on clothes here either and I get Holly loads in the sales. I have bought Holly a few dresses from primark and people have always commented on how nice they are ect and they have seemed to wash ok, I also get her pj's from there but things like t-shirts havent lasted very well.
    My nanna spoils Holly and buys her things from next which are lovely and I agree with waiting4baby and don't like mothercare xxx