Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

clingy and upset in cot

hi everyone!

well fin was very poorly and since then he's become very clingy with me! never really had this!

also wants to be picked up all the time... if im not there he's fine and will be with daddy and who ever but if im near by he wants me!

he started waking thru night a alot and would litrally scream for me- would crawl away and fight to get awaqy from daddy... very hard as then i had to have him lay on top of me all night the other day and didnt get to sleep till 5am and had to be up for work at 7!

he's now ok in the night (touch wood) but when i put him down at night the last 3 nioghts he litrally screams cries to the point where its quite scary! in the end last night hubby had to deal with him as i couldnt take any more and i think i was making it worse cause he just wanted me to cuddle him!!!

has anyone else found this if lo's been poorly and did it get back to normal???

must add that actually compared to some lo's of my friends he's not majory clingy and wingy but for fin he is if you get me!!! they think he's an angle................!!!!????

xxx

Replies

• yea Lije is not clingy at all, but after being ill (or if he falls over) then he only wants me. Whereas normally he is quite happy without me and is a daddys boy lol. He was unwell recently and wouldnt go down at night without a struggle so im sure it will get back to normal soon for you if you are consistent xxx
  • I am having exactly the same with Maddy at the mo. She is improving but, very slowly!! It's so frustrating, especially as she had made such an improvement just before she got ill. She went back to wanting 4 bottles at night! I am praying that there will be a break thru soon for us both Star!! XXX