Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So ill & getting worse!

I just thought id have a little moan as i have been ill since tuesday. Its like a fluey thing but seems to be getting worse instead of better! I had to send Elijah to my mums on tues as i wasnt up to looking after him, yesterday hubby had him & today hes had to go to my mums again! I feel really bad about not being able to have him but i literally can hardly move. I feel worse today than i did on tues its horrible so i just wanted a moan really image

Replies

• Oh dear hope you feel better soon I'll have a moan with you LOL Sunday zachariah slept between tears constantly so we had him checked and had an ear infection, Monday I got ill, shivers, temp, head banging, body aching, nose bunged, throat sore and vomiting thrown into the mix!!!! Zachariah has it too and a runny tummy and now oh has got it and of course as he's a 'man' his is much worse than ours LOL...... Good you have your mum close and she's probably enjoying it. Look after yourself I'm finding nurofen extra the best remedy ATM good luck
  • So sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, my hubby had the bad fluey thing last week and like you just as he thought he was maybe going to start feeling better he got worse. Don't feel bad about having your mum help out so you can rest up, just concentrate on getting better hun xx

Waiting4baby, poor little Zachariah still poorly! Really hope you and hubby get better soon too.

Must be the time of it as we ended up taking Brendan to hospital last night, he had a temperature in the morning but gave him calpol and it seemed to go back down again. He wasn't himself all afternoon though and at bathtime we noticed he had a rash all over his body so didn't want to take any risks and just took him to get checked out. The GP said it is a viral infection and to just keep him cool, and keep going with the calpol to get his fever down. Had an awful night with him last night but then he finally went to sleep properly once hubby went to work and slept until 10am in bed with me! Hopefully he will be better in a day or two and less clingy!

Hope none of the other December babies are poorly xxx
  • Poor Zachariah & the rest of the family, i really hope you all recover very soon! Dont know how i wouldve looked after Elijah if he was ill too, im just hoping he wont get this!
    Poor little Bren too, hope he manages to get some sleep and feels better v.soon Liz.
    Im still feeling pretty awful, been in bed all day just laying there or sleeping. Hope im ok tomorrow as i have to look after lije whatever i feel like! xxxx
  • Sorry to hear that so many mummies and babies are poorly, really hope that you all start to feel better soon.

Must admit i'm waiting for germs to hit since i've gone back to work, some of the little darlings have no idea about tissues, blowing noses or washing hands! Seem to get through lots of bottles of anti-bac no water handwash stuff!!!!
  • Oh, all this illness....it's so bad everywhere atm.
    Hope you all get better soon and remember, if it feels like it's going into your sinuses, get to the docs for some anti-biotics. 3 ppl we know have had the same as what Chez had, but they caught it early and didn't end up in hospital or needing an op (not to scare you, just to warn you!)
    Gracie's had a high temp on and off since Tuesday. Was 39.8 yest tea time but soon goes down with Nurofen. She's been a bit clingy to say the least!
    Get well soon all buggy ppl! x
  • oh no, there's so many of us ill, eugh hope we're all feeling 'tip top' in no time.
  • Can I join in the moaning?

Ollie has been poorly since tuesday, grumpy, tearfull, lethargic and getting a temp on and off - bad Mummy just put it down to teething and kept giving him Calpol. 4am thismorning his temp shot up to 39.5 after calpol, so started to worry a bit. Gave him some nurofen which helped a bit.
    Just got back from docs and he has an ear throat and chest infection!!! How bad do I feel??!! Leaving the poor little might to suffer for 3 days.

Hope all the other lo's and mummies get better soon. xxxx
  • Crikey I can't believe how many of our los are poorly! Wonder if it is something to do with their age?
    Brendans rash has pretty much gone now, and other than really smelly nappies I think the viral infection has just about cleared up. But I have a feeling he has impetigo!!! No idea where he has got it from if he has but it started with a sore on his chin which I put down to the fact that he has four teeth coming through and is dribbing loads. I have been putting sudocrem on his chin a couple of times a day to try and sort it out but now he has a few on his chin and under his nose. I googled it and from the pictures I could find it does knd of look a bit like impetigo so I have been putting germolene on it and am hoping that will do the trick.
    I've also put all the towels and bedding to the wash and am keeping my fingers crossed that hubby and I don't get it as it looks awful!

Lets just hope they are getting all their sickness out of the way so they will all be happy and healthy for the rest of 2009!! x
  • Gosh can't believe so many of the lo's and mummies are ill. Rhys woke up with a temperature today but with some calpol it's gone down just been very sleepy and clingy all day fingers crossed he'll be ok though and it's just his teeth as we have 2 coming through at the min.

Get well soon all xxx
  • on god poorly little mites......... fin been on off poorly since he had that tummy bug it's as if he never properly got over it and now just gets anything going!!! i thought he must have another tooth coming as bery clingy, crying in night and chomping on everything really bad and cheek is red but i had a feel and cant feel anything!

which tooth do they tend to get next after 2 bottom and 4 top???

love to all poorly mummies and babies xxx
  • Star-Elijah got a front tooth at bottom after those, but im not sure if its the same for all.
    Im pretty much better now, hubby says he feels a bit rough, but hes moving...lol. Elijah ok thank goodness.
    Hope you all get better fast! xxx
  • Glad you are feeling better Bluey!

Brendan seems to be feeling much better and the rash on his chin is getting better too with the help of germolene! Still not sure whether it is impetigo or not as it was never a blister just a sore that went scabby and then spread to under his nose too. Not nice! Just be extra extra careful with hand washing and I am constantly sterilising his dummies - just after I had got over my sterilising obsession!!

Star11 - Brendan has his two upper and two bottom and the two either side of upper and lower are about half way out now, and we noticed last night that his canines are on their way through too!!

Hope everyone else is ok! xx
  • I wont moan too much as I've done plenty of that on fb!! I've got a fluey bug that turned into a sinus infection and swollen glands and my ears are all congested too - several times yesterday I ended up sitting on the floor because the room was spinning so much I couldn't move.

Hope everyone else gets better soon

Big hugs xx
  • Omg em that sounds awful, tsk shame on me for moaning about my bug! Wow really hope you've got someone giving you a had down there and that rooms stop spinning asap! Get well hugs