Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

confidence...?

How is everyones confidence after having their los?

Mine is so low at the moment. I hate my jelly belly and i hate shopping for clothes now (when i have the money!). Why is it that most tops in the shops sit right on your belly?-not attractive! I constantly wear black and dont have the confidence to wear anything a bit different.

I hate people looking at me but saying that theyre probably not, its just me being paranoid.

Anyone got any tips for confidence boosting? i just dont feel like 'me' anymore :\(

Replies

• Options
    no tips sorry, i feel just the same, not back to old size and dont have a lot of money to splash out on what id hope to be a temp new wardrobe., feel like a tramp tbh. never had a belly before, hate it, and cant find any trousers that fit nicely, the only plus side though is lo. just thought id let you know youire not alone. hope you feel more you v soon x
  • Options
    I'm not buying any clothes til I'm back to a smaller size it just seems like a waste of money and I'm hoping it gives me more of an incentive to lose the weight (that ones not going quite to plan but I live in hope!)

Okay this sounds really weird but this gave me a real boost - I got a load of free goodies from no 7 range at boots when I spent ??20. Included was a bright red nail vanish, I did my toe nails, not something I normally do this time of year and when I do it's usually a very pale pink. Well anyway it made me feel really good, I may have bags under my eyes my skin is breaking out but I can look down at my pretty toes! (Only problem is that on Sunday I scraped my big toe and took a huge chunk out of my nail / blood etc. So not looking quite so nice now!

I know it's only one small thing but sometimes it's the small pretty things in life that make you smile!

El x

• Options
    My jelly belly is awful... it was my mums wedding last weekend and i was bridesmaid, just been looking back at photos and oh my god not a good look a buldge emerging in every photo - not happy! Went to get some jeans the other day and got sooo stressed in the changing rooms, i couldn't fit in with the pram so had fin sticking out with curtain open whilst trying to squeeze myself into jeans... the worst thing was i picked up a bigger size thinking i won't depress myself with the others being a bit tight and the bigger ones wouldn't even get over my theighs!!!
    I kept saying when things get easier with Fin I' going to go swimming one evening and get back to weigh watchers... hasn't happened yet, although fin not got easier (doubt they ever really do)
    Pinting your nails does make you feel better - you've given me an idea i'm going to attempt to do that this weekend - i love a french manicure, not very good at it but it makes me feel a bit more girly!
  • Options
    star11 wasn't next you tried those trousers on was it... they're a right b*gger for never fitting, i swear if they did size 50 i'd still not get them up. lol:roll:
  • Options
    Yep next and the rest - topshop well that was a joke! how depressing! x
  • Options
    Here Here - The other problem I have is finding clothes I can breast feed in public with - Having to lift your top up and show off the jelly belly is not a good look!
  • Options
    I don't breastfeed but there is some good and lovely wrap arounds in topshop - you can wear them summer as short sleeved and thinish but i'vce worn them in winter aswell with a long sleeved top underneath so not wasted... then you could just loosen tie and casually get a boob out without showing belly!!! you can get them in every colour.. if your on a budget they sell similar in matalan and h&m.
  • Options
    Kerryg - did you have a bump band thingy when you were pregnant? (you know the things that are supposed to make your tops look longer whilst giving you support), if you have got one then when you are going out you could put it under your top then you wont show your tummy off when you lift your top to bf.... if you see what I mean?! I'm sure your stomach can't be worse than mine!! x
  • Options
    Hey there Kerryg. I always wear a stretchy vest under whatever I'm wearing. When I breast feed, I just lift my upper top slightly and pull down the vest underneath and nothing is exposed. It's so simple! I think vests should be supplied de rigour from maternity units!!
  • Options
    Thanks - never thought of my bump band!! Thats collecting dust somewhere in the wardrobe Will def dig it out.

Thanks Charlotte - can feel a visit to Top Shop coming. Only trouble is I see all the gorgeous dressess and then come out with nothing 'cos I can't have one of them!!! Did get a lovely dress from Miss Selfidge though - naughtly 'cos it doesn't fit too well - need my tummy tucking knickers and then some - but couldn't resist and it is my inspiration to try and firm up a bit for the summer! I even looked up where the local pilates class is to me - thats as far as I got - looking!
  • Options
    miss selfridge has some lovely clothes at the mo. but i just get depressed buying anthing at the mo... i keep saying oh i'm going to wait and treat myslef when i've lost the weight - what a joke!
    found some jeans in h&m flared which actually look really nice - cutting the size lable out though! my friends are all size 8... puke puke! so you can imagine what it's like going shopping with them they pick things up for me and go 'ooooooo this would look lush on you try it on' i then attempt to squeeze into the outfit and then they do that look and say 'it is nice but...' good were all mega close and we tell each other the truth! heheh
  • Options
    Didnt think about having to show yourself off to breastfeed (alfie has been bottlefed from birth). I dont think i could do that (nothing like 2 sets of stretchmarks and a wierd looking belly button-wont go there on the details!)

Looks like a lot of you have it sussed though!

Decided to have a haircut today and have it coloured. What a difference it makes you feel. Not only did i get a few hours off from the kids but feel good about myself again. Not sure how long that will last...!

Target: to paint my toenails AND fingernails, pluck eyebrows and get rid of any unwanted nasal hair (soz tmi!) (bet youre all getting a nice picture of me?!?!)