Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Sold!

Just a funny thought back to Sunday I thought I'd share...
We did a very impromptu car boot (ie grab some trash and go to the working mens club Chez plays snooker for) on Sunday and I was in two minds whether to take the moses basket we got for Gracie. It should've been ??50, but we got it spanking new from ebay for ??25.
Anyway, the booty was so slow, hardly anyone there and we were gonna go home when one of the old dears who goes up the club asked if my moses basket was for sale (gracie was with us but I had to laugh thinking she thought we'd taken it for her to nap in!). I said yes, and said at ??50 new I wanted ??25. She offered ??20 (which I was well chuffed with!) and it was only then she told me it was for her new puppy!!! It's a wonder I didn't pee myself laughing there and then! That dog has the poshest bed in town! :lol:

Replies

• well done! Its a shame to think of Gracies lovely litlle moses basket being used as a dog basket tho!
  • lol! That will be a good story to tell her when she gets older!! :lol:

Good price though so who cares what she uses it for huh?!

I thought you were going to say you were moving house then for a minute by the way!! x
  • Lol - Liz - I thought that too!!

I think some people treat their dogs better than humans!!

I bet Gracie is waaay too big for the moses basket now! Well done on selling it though for such a good price. x
  • Yes but jules, this dog is a bichon friese - how the hell do you spell that?! lol
    And Em and Liz, I wish! We're keeping it on the market, might as well, but are very realistic in the current state of things and are prepared to be here for years. Atm, we don't mind as we love the house, could do with moving it 5 miles away, nearer to my parents and school!
  • Ali - my mil calls them bitch un fizzies! x
  • hehehehe how funny!!!

i bagged up loads of things for a car boot in august and its all still sat in my utility bit - hubby getting very angry as if you move in there it all falls over and drives him mad!!! i think ill come home one day and its be gone in his skip he gets!!!

i keep meaning to do one even if i flog stuff for 10p its better than nothing!

oh by the way none of its baby stuff all my clothes etc i cant fit in to anymore but all basically new topshop etc...

should really try putting on ebay but cant be bothered to work it all out and take photos