Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Another totally random potty training qu

had a suddenly thought on Sunday morning - how long after potty training do you trust them int he Swimming pool without a swim nappy????!

Replies

• lol! Good question!!! No idea, but something I wouldn't fancy taking a risk on! x
  • Ooh no idea but we just bought zachariah some swimming shorts (his first time and HATED it lol) from boots that have a 'nappy' inside- I figured this was fine.
  • No I wouldn't face the risk etiher!! Max has a washable swim nappy but I don't fancy going without it even once he is trained (no where near yet) cos surely the sensation of needing to go is totally different in the water???
  • What does he do in the bath? I'd imagine it would be the same and if he's cracked that he'll crack the pool too..... Also as yuck as it is, should there be an accident the pool is full of chlorine for a reason so I'm sure he wouldn't be the first and it wouldn't be a total disaster! Lol! eugh!
  • Max has only ever pooed in the bath twice BUT evening poos are very limited with him anyway. Unfortunately the best time for swimming is morning and poos in the pool are more frequent AND GROSS - maybe I just have to wait till his pooed before going swimming but that's a bit of a pain! No idea really - like I say it's a long way off just now!