Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

All change

We went cafravanning at the weekend and lil miss wouldn't go to sleep in the bed where the boys were on bunks - she has a full large double all to herself! So I had to hold her til asleep.
Anyway, I left her music box in the van so decided to get rid and also give her milk in a sports bottle, not her baby bottle. So all change to her bedtime routine. She's protested once been in bed for 20mins or so, but has then slept well.
The next thing will be no nappies, she now cries when she's pooed in her nappy! My baby's growing up and it feels strange I won't be doing all the bottle/cot/nappy thing again.
How's everyone else getting on with sleep/potty/milk etc?

Replies

• Ahh, it does seem like all things happen at once doesn't it - it seems like Henry has really grown up this last month :cry:

Henry stopped having his milk in a bottle just after he turned one and doesn't drink milk regularly, maybe 5 cups a week - he will only use a proper cup now - he seemed to want to be a big boy until recently and wants to be treated like a baby again - think it's a delayed reaction to Isabelle!!

Potty training is going well - he's pretty much dry all day and sometimes at night - got the most problem with poos though - he's pooed his pants 3 times this week! :roll: He just hates sitting on potty waiting so leaves until too late! Driving me mad and really tricky to keep an eye on him all the time with baby!!

He got a racing car bed when he was about 15 months as we needed the cotbed for Isabelle so took it away way before we needed it so he didn't get funny about it! Isabelle has just gone from cradle to cotbed last week too so even my baby baby is grwing up!

Next is the musical mobile as they both have one and they sound awful going together - don't think he's that bothered about it - more of a habit than anything else I think!

He also refused his dummy and stopped asking for it so he's not had that for over a month now - was going to let him have it til xmas!

Impressed with Gracie crying about poo nappies! Maybe she could have a word with Henry! :lol:

xx

[Modified by: EmilyHenryandIsabelle on March 30, 2010 09:26 PM]

• Well rhys refuses to drink milk and hasn't had a bedtime bottle since befor his 1st birthday, but now we're getting settled and used to Alfie being around we're trying with the potty training as of Friday (long weekend with oh to help out) .

We got rid of the dummy about 2 months ago and he's been great without it. No more waking in the night off him. He still has his gloworm to sleep with though .
  • Bottle - 7oz in morning and only 4oz at night because otherwise his nappy leaks as it's so full (although the last weeka nd a half we've had big full leaky nappies again) So how some are dry at night is a mystery to me!

Bed - Still in a cot and I must admit |I do like it as he can't decide to get up in the night or mornings and wonder about! But thinking of toddler bed soon, but don't know if I should wait until he drops his pm nap time.

toilet - Well for the first bit you might guess we aren't doing well on the potty training. Doesn't care if he is wet or dirty would sit in it. Still poos at night about twice a week. Will try some nappy free time this Easter.

So not really grown up...in those ways but in other ways yes. [Language very advanced]
  • Bottle: Elijah still has a bottle to go to bed with & has it during the day sometimes too. We are off on holiday next week with both boys for 4 days so when we get back i am going to tackle that issue & stop the bottle. Ive already bought him a cup to replace bottle. It really is just a comfort thing, he uses as a dummy to get to sleep.

Bed: Wasnt planning to change his cot into a bed yet, but little monkey climbed out at nap time (big drop too!) so we changed it this week. Hasnt been too bad. Gets out & plays at evening bedtime sometimes & stands at babygate, but at naptimes he's been going straight to sleep for past 2 days, so im really pleased with him. At nights its taking a bit more effort, he wants me to lay with him & its taken a bit of me going in & out to get him asleep. Hes also been getting up really early too image which is horrid! But hasnt fallen out yet & has no bedguard.
    Im a bit nervous about our holiday as weve got our bed in the living room of apartment & boys are supposed to be going in together, but dont think thats gonna work as older boy will prob be tempted to wake Lije & Lije prob wont sleep in the bed properly anyway! So think we will take the travel cot & have it in with us & just put him down a little later than usual, & us a little earlier! (The only solution i can think of!!)

Nappies: Havent begun to think about potty training yet, he doesnt seem ready. Im planning to leave until the summer when he can run around with no bottoms & hubby will be home too to help!
    xxx
  • Milk - Max hasn't had milk before bed since 10.5 months when he self weaned off the boob! We take a beaker of water upto his room and he has a couple of sips but he's not fussed and he will keep it in his room in case he wants it in the night but it goes untouched. He has a beaker of milk wtih is breakfast which he sometimes drinks a bit of but that's it.

Bed - he's been in cot bed as a bed since 18months and we are about to change to a single bed so that we can have the cot bed back for no2!

Nappies - max now sometimes asks to use the potty for a poo and whenever he asks he will produce a poo but it's not consistent yet and I am not gonna push the issue when he's good and ready i am sure he will get rid of the nappies.
  • Bless Gracie!

Bren still has a bottle with full fat cows milk in the morning and at night, I think he would probably be happy with it in a cup to be honest but it is more habit then anything. During the day he uses sippy cups or the ones you sip at the edge or a normal cup depending on how sensible he is being!
    Bed wise he has been in a single bed since he was about 15 months old and is totally fine with it, he has a bed rail and there is a safety gate on his door so he can't escape in the night!
    Nappies, I haven't been brave enough to go down the proper potty training yet but I am all geared up to do it this summer (ready with lots of waterproof sheets, thomas boxers, gina ford book etc!). I want to wait until the summer hols when the weather is better and when hubby is around to help as I don't want Jacob crawling and crusing around while I am having to clean up Brens accidents on my own! He knows when is is doing a poo though, and a couple of times has sneekily taken his nappy off and been caught with a poo in his hand!!!!! Ewwww!!! He has done a few wee's on the loo when we have sat him on in the past so it is a start I guess!
    Dummy wise, that is another one to get rid of this summer. I'm going to get rid of both Bren and Jacobs dummy then as I am sick of them pinching each others and then crying about it!!

They are growing up so fast! x
  • Can't believe how much all our little babies have grown up, still amazed that some have had another one already and nearly a year old as well!

Philip has 2 milk drinks, 8oz cows milk in a bottle in the morning and 7oz in a cow cup at night, the bottle is purely because otherwise it ends up all over our duvet as he has that in our room in the morning. He sometimes asks for milk or milkshake in the day too.

He's been in a bunk bed since july last year, had the odd falling out but so far he hasn't got himself out of bed and gone on a wander, he's too lazy, even calls me to go and put his duvet back on! Although will be putting a full size single duvet on when I get back from visiting mums and hopefully that will stop it moving too far! No dummy since august last year, we found the stash in the cupboard a couple of weeks ago and he threw them in the bin!

Nappies/toilet - we;ve been really fortunate that he's toilet trained really quickly, started sitting on his potty in the downstairs toilet with me using the big toilet and quickly rprogressed to using the big toilet himself, has cost us a fortune with potty's and toilet seats too! Finally got a good padded one with a splash guard on which saves my carpets! He tells us when he wants a wee and a poo, still wears pullups if we are going for a long drive or somewhere that we know doesn't have good toilet facilities. Quite obsessed by toilets - 6 trips in one visit to sainsbury's is his record so far!

Called him my baby the other day and got told "i not a baby, that a baby" pointing to a picture of a tiny baby, that told me!
  • wow its strange reading these and thinking we were once sharing pregnancy and birthing tales!!! where has the time gone really???

they are all doing so well and i do look at ryan and try to imagine him as that little baby i used to have. i do miss it but am enjoying being able to sleep/go out guilt free for swim etc/and generally relax sometimes! will wait a little longer before having baby no 2 as just cant afford it!!!!

milk:never liked it, will drink at nursery snack time but at home has it in his breakfast and rarely has it to drink unless he asks for it..

bed:in single bed, was falling out of toddler bed and kept finding him randomly in corners of his room!

pottyimageee other post! lol not gonna bother til summer, hes just not ready. i think that he would suffer in another area where he is really coming on, i am so proud of his speech, grammer, manners etc and think that this could suffer, as would his growing confidence if i potty trained him now cos he just really really doesnt want to entertain the idea at all!!
    so he can be my baby for a little longer in that sense!!

well done all the babies/toddlers!!! all doing so well xx
  • well finlay is in a toddler bed i do have bed guard as he sleeps against it so would just end up on floor every night if took away - he can get out of bed but has never realised.... dread the day he does he will be emptying his clthothes etc...

he has a bottle of milk before bed but only once in pjs and sat on sofa - he's not that bothered but we try to get him to have it as he's been poorly a lot recently and not eatoing much so then i know he has had something good before bed if you get me!!! tried changing to cip thing other day well he liked the thought of it as it was a moo cow one and trendy looking he took one sip and said discusting mummy and that was me told never again! he also has bottle in morning but this is because he wakes early and no way an i getting up and getting breakie so he has that!

dummy is a big issue as he has become OBSESSED!!! at one point he wasnt too bothred in day but now he wants it all day - he speaks soooo well and clearly and sentences so not affected that but will do if we dont tackle soon i reckon! i just havent the energy and he screams/shouts/cries and WILL NOT STOP!!!!

potty training - well thats another thing im dreading! we have a potty and bropught some thomas pants other day but he said NO PANTS JUST NAPPY - i have tried getting him into oit but not having none of it!

isnt aware wen he wee's - poo def knows as actually goes somewhere else top poo so if we are in lounge he will go in kitchen and even shuts door!

want and need to tackle in summer but easier said than done!!!

any tips!

xxx
  • potty training - nowhere near.
    Milk - hasn't had milk since before he was one - sometimes will have a small beaker of chocolate milk but only cos he likes chocolate!!!
    Bed - in a toddler bed - we removed his bed rail after we moved house because he got stroppy with it and didn't want it on and he fell out twice! but he seems to have been ok the last week if he falls out again though i think it will have to go back on again - my nerves can't take it!